1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Learn to code a Pocketmine Plugin without php knowledge?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by timistwild, Feb 19, 2021.

1. timistwild

timistwild Spider Jockey

You think its possible to learn to code a pocketmine plugin without understanding php before?
    Maybe like learning php by doing?
    What are your thoughts?

2. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Why would you unnecessary challenge yourself? You had enough time to ask this question, so I'd assume you can invest an hour learning the basics. You'll simply make this harder than it needs to be. It is actually quite easy to start, and I encourage you to take it from small steps at first, don't go at plugins just yet. Learn the basics of the language.

Here is Derek Banas video for PHP full tutorial:

But I advise you to watch this first:

And most importantly: follow along, all he says and shows will fly over if you don't experiment and work along. Good luck!

I repeat: do not start with plugins. You'll waste time asking yourself and others really dumb questions, please do, but listen to my advice at first.

3. timistwild

timistwild Spider Jockey

Alright, thank you!

tpguy825 likes this.
  4. tpguy825

tpguy825 Spider

GitHub:
    tpguy825
    Maybe try this, as it might help

5. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

It is actually quite amusing how the tutorial is written, knowing the average audience age.

Not saying anything to hate on it, it's written well, even too good that child should understand it, and that is my point.

6. tpguy825

tpguy825 Spider

GitHub:
    tpguy825
    The only problem with it though, is that a few features it shows you don’t work on the new api updates (as I’ve found out from experience. Still, might be of use to somebody, just don’t know who

Primus likes this.
  7. minijaham

minijaham Skeleton

GitHub:
    minijaham
    Use Hippity Hoppity your code is now my property skill!
    You can make ANY plugin using this!!!

It's a joke. I tried making a plugin without learning php in like 2016 or 2017 and it didn't turn out very great so yeah I recommend learning php first unless you know how to code and code other languages.

Primus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.