1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Lava flowing issue....

Discussion in 'Development' started by kriskotooBG, Mar 25, 2020.

1. kriskotooBG

kriskotooBG Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    kriskotoobg
    After playing for a bit I noticed sometimes lava stops flowing, in stuff like cobble generators... I did a bit of research and fund this: Issue #2099 which mentions this exact issue (Issue #3273). I though of making a plugin, that has a repeating task, that flows the liquid... but that seems super inefficient. Any ideas? I'm not asking for code, but for some ideas/advice.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  2. kriskotooBG

kriskotooBG Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    kriskotoobg
    After actually implementing my idea, aka go trough every block in loaded chunks, check if it's lava, and if it is, manually spawn flowing lava blocks, it seems to be really really really heavy on the server... Is there a way that you could maybe get a list of lava blocks without iterating over every block? Ooorrr theses a better solution all together

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  3. Invy55

Invy55 Witch

GitHub:
    invy55
    Maybe you can try detecting when it will stops by using the spread event and by predicting what should lava do instead of what it does, then I think you can update the block without replacing it (somehow)

Edit: very intersting, but what about fixing pocketmine directly? :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.