1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Is this necessary? "Non-packaged PocketMine-MP installation detected"

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by MK500, Nov 21, 2016.

1. MK500

MK500 Slime

GitHub:
    markkrueg
    Coming back to PMMP development from one of the spoons; I am returned to something that always caused me much irritation. When run from source; PMMP gives this message in console:

[Server thread/WARNING]: Non-packaged PocketMine-MP installation detected, do not use on production.

It also does not seem to load plugins correctly and console messaging differs from a normal packaged run.

The workaround for those developers who wish to learn to contribute to PMMP code:

1) use DevTools plugin to "makeserver"
    2) execute and test using the resulting .phar
    3) modify source and go back to step 1

This increases the number of steps when doing iterative development. Is it necessary? Why not allow running from source to be the same as running from packaged? What code would need to be changed to accomplish this?

2. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    It is a temporary issue that packaged phars do not work well.
    Non-packaged installation may load slower and is not favourable for some security reasons.
    "Do not use on production" means it only matters for production servers. If you are contributing to PMMP code, you aren't on a production server, and you can ignore that message.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  3. MK500

MK500 Slime

GitHub:
    markkrueg
    There seems to be more to it than this. It doesn't seem to load plugins properly -- and I'm realizing this is even true of the phar built with DevTools "makeserver". It seems like the only way to get a fully running .phar is via Jenkins; or by somehow getting the jenkins optimization code running locally to properly build the server.

How would I even go about doing this? What repository is the code Jenkins uses stored in?

4. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    Can you elaborate? This should not be true, since we always do development in source code. Did you set your include path wrongly?

5. MK500

MK500 Slime

GitHub:
    markkrueg
    EDIT: I just read the current instructions from the MUCH updated documentation site (yay), and used git to download current source. The example I was going to use seems to have already been corrected.

https://pmmp.readthedocs.io/en/rtfd/installation.html#installing-manually
    Code:
    git clone --recursive https://github.com/pmmp/pocketmine-mp.git pocketmine-mp.git
    I apologize. I was using old source. Maybe this is a non-issue.

I will continue testing.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  6. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    :facepalm:
    You have to clone recursively.
    (The lang submodule is missing)

7. MK500

MK500 Slime

GitHub:
    markkrueg
    Facepalm indeed. Thanks for clarifying what I did wrong.

8. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    Someone should put that 'You have to clone recursively.' somewhere where everyone can read it.

9. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
  10. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    I wonder why that didn't get shown to him then...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.