1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Install & Setup PocketMine on Mac for latest version of PE

Discussion in 'Help' started by Charlie Butterworth, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Charlie Butterworth

Charlie Butterworth Spider

Excuse me, but I am new to this. Last Saturday, my kids just got the latest Minecraft PE on their iPads.

I want to create a local Minecraft PE server on my Mac desktop.

I have tried various downloads from PocketMine, but cannot connect from iPad. I even tried the latest .phar file from PMMP. I also installed PHP7.

Any ideas/guides would be much appreciate. Let me know what information you need in order to help me.

thanks,
    Charlie

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Have you, started the server?

3. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Hi Charlie, start by posting the console output when you start the server, and when you try to join - if anything shows up when you try to join.

4. xBeastMode

xBeastMode Shog Chips

Check if:
    - you're running the server on the same network as your device
    - the server is whitelisted
    - RakLib crashed. If you have another app or program running the same port as your server, RakLib will crash.

Usually shows up at something like this:
    Code:
    **** FAILED TO BIND TO <IP>:<Port>!
    Perhaps a server is already running on that port? 
    Please run "/version" via the console and post the output here. Also include the OS your server is running on.

5. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Can you try this?
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/PrimusLV/PM-Installer
    ./PM-Installer/pmInstall.sh -g https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP.git -t PM-Latest

If you don't have git installed on your system. Use one of the package managers like apt
    Code:
    apt-get install git

6. Charlie Butterworth

Thanks for the help.

OK, I got it working (I think).

I installed the development version; added PHP7.

That gave me an "outdated version" error. Following a quick Google, I found the Github link to the most recent .phar --- bingo!

My kids have been using it. I set it in Creative mode.

Their only complaint is that they cannot spawn animals from eggs. Is this normal?

Charlie

7. HBIDamian

HBIDamian HBIDamian Staff Member

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    For the latest PocketMine-MP.phar, please use this link poggit.pmmp.io/get.pmmp

Animal and Monster spawning has not been implemented.

8. Charlie Butterworth

Not implemented? Is that at my end (by me) or at the developer end?

Spawning can be done in worlds on the kids' iPads.

I'll have to do some learning about the powers and abilities of Minecraft.

Thanks,
    Charlie

9. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    No, it's due to the fact that this is an unofficial Minecraft server implementation (in PHP, which is a _weird_ idea). The developers here have to code every single server mechanic themselves. We basically have to code everything not related to Rendering and input stuff. You can basically think of this server like this:
    Client sends stuff what the player did locally (for example breaking a block) to the server, and the server has to process it and maybe send back what should have changed. In the block breaking the server would send the blockbreak to every player on the server, so they also see the block broken. The server also saves the changed block to disk after some time. For entities (animals,...) there is much more to do, because we don't just have to spawn them to everyone and save that they are there, we also need to calculate their movements and what they do (AI). This is not implemented (yet) and is also not likely to happen in near future, although it is planned.

10. Charlie Butterworth

OK..... I had no idea that this was how the server works. I assumed it simply "stored" world data and the PE on the iPads did the rest!

Perfectly understandable that spawning creatures is not available at all.

Charlie

11. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    There are plugins for mobs however. PureEntitiesX is a great one

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.