1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Importable maps that actually work

Discussion in 'Help' started by DrMarvin2k5, Jun 22, 2017.

1. DrMarvin2k5

DrMarvin2k5 Spider

Hi all. I've been playing with PMMP for a bit and I've gotten resource packs and plugins to work. Now as we know, the current world creation leaves something to be desired, and I believe that you can import MCPC maps. I have tried a few, but I either fall into oblivion or have a flat bedrock landscape.

I'm running PocketMine-MP 1.6.2dev+poggit.992 「Unleashed」 implementing API version 3.0.0-ALPHA5 for Minecraft: PE v1.1.0.55 (protocol version 113), if that's important.

If anyone knows of a map I can import that is interesting and actually works, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    You can load PC maps with PocketMine. But they won't work if the world contains any blocks that aren't implemented in PocketMine (or MCPE). But it is entirely possible.

3. DrMarvin2k5

DrMarvin2k5 Spider

That is what I thought. I'm just hoping that someone has one or knows of one that works.
    Or
    Knows how to create one that will work. I have MCPE, and MCPC I tried doing a straight import from MY MCPC but that did not work. Thoughts?

4. DrMarvin2k5

DrMarvin2k5 Spider

I believe that they have converted things so they all use the Anvil format now.

5. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    You (at least used to) be able to import PC maps by deleting all files except for the region folder and level.dat. Then just make sure that it doesnt contain any blocks that aren't in PocketMine. But I haven't tried it in awhile.

6. R4EVAELRM

R4EVAELRM Witch

I've just did it like 30 mins ago and i can confirm it works.

jasonwynn10 and EdwardHamHam like this.
  7. DrMarvin2k5

DrMarvin2k5 Spider

Did you just take a generic map? Does it have caves and stuff? Any chance you could share the file?

8. DrMarvin2k5

DrMarvin2k5 Spider

Is there a way to exclude certain types of things? Do you just generate the map with MCPC?

9. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Java minecraft uses the Anvil world type. PocketMine can use the Anvil world type.
    @Edwardthedog2 The world would load with unknown block types, but it would only show as an 'update game' block.
    Other blocks will also be incorrectly translated from PC to PE, such as oak and spruce wood slabs.
    @MrMarvin2k5 When a world is ported to PE, the spawn location is sometimes changed causing the player to be trapped in blocks or to fall into the void, so the spawn needs manually corrected after joining the map.

R4EVAELRM likes this.
  10. I've had no issues with importing worlds, in fact, I do that for my server.

11. DrMarvin2k5

DrMarvin2k5 Spider

Success. After creating a new MCPC world with a known seed, I just imported region and level.dat. It's not identical but it sure is better than the PMMP gen. thanks for the help

12. jasonwynn10

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    If you are looking for terrain generation similar to Java Minecraft, I would recommend the BetterGen plugin by @Ad5001

Ad5001 and corytortoise like this.
  13. DrMarvin2k5

DrMarvin2k5 Spider

I'll have to check that out. Thanks

14. CreeperMonster

CreeperMonster Slime

GitHub:
    CreeperMonster
    When I am importing MCPC maps. There are so many rails and IDK why
    I think some slabs and stones changed into rails

15. Quinner0108

Quinner0108 Spider

GitHub:
    quinner0108
    Same here the slabs do that also the invisible blocks change to a weird grass. Its a small price to pay ig

16. jasonwynn10

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    I have a block corrector plugin with some presets on my github page. Feel free to use it! you can just tap the blocks you want to fix.

R4EVAELRM likes this.
  17. R4EVAELRM

R4EVAELRM Witch

I just use MCEdit to change the blocks xD

18. jasonwynn10

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    MCEdit uses the PC blocks. The same set ids are different blocks on PE.

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  19. R4EVAELRM

R4EVAELRM Witch

Yeah i know. I convert them to thier pe block id.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.