1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

How to set up the pocketmine server on VPS?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by ImSilencer, Feb 1, 2017.

1. ImSilencer

ImSilencer Creeper

GitHub:
    ImSilencer
    So yeah, I'm gonna purchase a VPS on Digital Ocean for my MCPE server. But how to install it?

I've never used Linux or Ubuntu before. I saw on YouTube, there's only commands board on Ubuntu VPS. Does it have files or windows to work with? For example: Add plugs, maps, edit properties, etc. I hope masters can help me, thanks :)

2. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    DigitalOcean have amazing documentation, and now's the time to start reading it! https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/initial-server-setup-with-ubuntu-16-04. It is worth the effort learning to use the terminal - you can add a desktop environment but if you want to keep a maximum of resources available for your server, don't bother. By the time you have set up your system and secured it correctly... installing PocketMine will be easy ;-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.