1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

How do I generate my custom structures inside a level?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Indexfire, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Indexfire

Indexfire Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    Indexfire
    Now, I know that to generate my stuff inside a world, I simply add my own populator that executes custom logic to a biome and let it run. I've done simple things so far, such as adding glass pillars that reach the sky and random chunks of obsidian that spawn on the surface of the world for debugging purposes, to make sure my populators work, and they do. But I don't just want to stop at simple things, and this is where I'm stumped. Minecraft PC generates things like elaborate Villages, Strongholds, Underwater Ruins, and so on (If I remember correctly Minecraft PC's generation algorithm was even improved in 1.14.4, which made the Villages generate much better than they did before). I have several structures of my own that I want to add, and some, like Bandit hideouts and Nomad campsites, are supposed to have different buildings each time they generate. I'm already stuck at copy pasting a simple dirt house to the world, because let's face it calling Level::setBlock and setting blocks one at a time is ridiculous, let alone procedural generation of large structures composed of multiple smaller structures, that are supposed to be different each time they generate, could anyone point me in the right direction for this?

2. GamakCZ

GamakCZ Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    GamakCZ
    Indexfire likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.