1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

How do I add worlds to Pocketmine MP?

Discussion in 'Help' started by EHTspark, Jun 19, 2018.

1. EHTspark

EHTspark Spider

How do I add worlds from my iPad or Windows PE app to Pocketmine MP? I know how to extract the worlds from both version and I have them backed up on my PC. How do I use them with Pocketmine please?

2. RedstoneTechWiz

RedstoneTechWiz Silverfish

Short Answer: You can't.

Long Answer:
    Pocketmine-MP worlds and Vanilla Minecraft PE worlds use different world formats, so transferring one to the other would be close to impossible.
    If you want to have multiple worlds on your server, you need to download MultiWorlds plugin and then generate a new one. Sorry, I know that sucks, I wish it was possible :/

I hope this helps.

3. EHTspark

EHTspark Spider

I can appreciate that importing worlds might not be developped yet as the application is still in the alpha stage, but I thought (and perhaps mis-understood) that the whole point was to be able to run Minecraft PE Worlds on Linux and I had rather hoped to be able to do just that. We (myself and daughter) are currently running a world which was originally created on my iPad and then moved to my PC running in the MC PE app on Win 10 in order to reduce battery power consumption on the tablet. While this approach has proved useful, there are a couple of drawbacks running on Windows, in particular, it requires the purchase of an additional MC licence and my iPad suffers periodic disconnects - which was not an issue when Win10 was not part of the equation. Since I predominantly run on my main PC nowdays, I was hoping to switch and avoid having to reboot the PC into Windows. I could run in a VM but I'm told that this requires another Windows licence.

Since we have have been running this world for some time, it has seen considerable development, so my daughter would be disappointed to have to start again from scratch, hence my desire to import it into Pocketmine.

I could work around having only one world by having multiple instances and loading up the one we wanted to play - or as you suggest by using the multiworld plugin. However it is a shame that it is not possible for the present to import worlds from other devices. I guess despite that limitation, the fact that one can now run a PE world hosted on a Linux server is in itself an achievement. I can also imagine that there may be legal obstacles regarding the use of the MC PE format and therefore importing existing worlds would neccessitate format conversion which would be rather complex. However I do hope that such a feature can be developed in the future.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  4. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    [citation needed]

please see this thread for the state of affairs with MCPE worlds.

If you've been working on such a world in vanilla, expect to be disappointed by the amount of things that either don't work or are not implemented in PocketMine. I hate to recommend a Realm, but it's probably honestly a better option right now.

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  5. RedstoneTechWiz

RedstoneTechWiz Silverfish

Yeah, such a feature has been wanted by many people now, so a converter may be possible eventually. As @dktapps said, if you are desperate, you can buy a realms server from Minecraft. It’s more expensive though and has less capabilities (no plugins) , but on the other hand you would be able to upload your Vanilla Minecraft world onto it and play.

I hope this helps,
    -Redstonetechwiz

6. hikingjungle

hikingjungle Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    hikingjungle
    Windows 10 and pocket edition use leveldb world format mcpc uses anvil
    You can use anvil, pmanvil(pocketmine anvil) , and mcregion worlds in pocketmine
    (Just get the sign warp plugin to move between worlds

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.