1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Host help

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Herojhjh, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Herojhjh

Herojhjh Silverfish

GitHub:
    herojhjh
    Is 4 GB Ram with 2 core Intel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8168 CPU @ 2.70GHz enough for 30-40 players? with 2 worlds

2. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    Yes, but it depends on what you'll be using your server for.

Factions/Survival
    There will be a lot of chunks being generated. So in the worst case, players will need to wait for a few seconds before the chunk generates. The async-chunk-io branch (in-dev) should make it not soo much of a problem.

Creative
    Again, same thing as factions. Unless you are using a custom generation plugin (for creative plot grids). Unlike the normal generator, there is zero randomness and a static generating structure so chunk generation shouldn't be a problem. 30-40 players easy.

Minigames/Hub
    In this case you wont need to generate new chunks at all. So that's a huge bonus. I've always hosted and still host minigames and hub on the same system with the following specs: 2 vCores, 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM and 40 GB SSD. I never got a good amount of players on the hub but the minigames has once had 60 players and the server would still be processing on ~20 TPS.

For the factions/survival and creative, I'm ignoring all the services running on your system and server plugins.

A side-note about the Minigames/Hub server:
    The system has only MySQL running (aside from the pre-installed services). The minigames server doesn't load and unload worlds on runtime and players dont spawn to players that aren't in the same game session. All chunks are pre-loaded and cached on startup. That could be why it's capable of hosting that many players.

3. Herojhjh

Herojhjh Silverfish

GitHub:
    herojhjh
    actually i just want to make pvp & economy (30-50 MB map) server with 1 mcpe server / server and mysql in other server

4. That would be fine in my eyes but I have never tried it, what is your host?

5. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    2.7Ghz aren't much for PM though, but it should be fast enough for pvp, provided plugins are well written.

6. Herojhjh

Herojhjh Silverfish

GitHub:
    herojhjh
    Digitalocean, now i buy 2 more server

7. Well, if you are only running PocketMine-MP then I would assume that you would be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.