1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Event-driven languages

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Legoboy0215, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Witch

GitHub:
    legoboy0215
    I looked into event-driven style coding, and noticed PHP itself isn't really an event-driven language. I am trying to get use to it, so does anyone recommend any programming languages that is event-driven and quite well known with lots of documentation?

What I have in mind: Node.js probably

2. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Witch

GitHub:
    legoboy0215
  3. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    Well, if this is what you are talking about, PHP started up as markup (I think) then became dynamic. But I quite like Python, if you want an example, https://youtube.com is coded in python

4. Tux

Tux Silverfish

GitHub:
    minecrafter
    PHP was dynamic from day one. Let's take a quote from the PHP/FI 2.0 documentation (yes):

I think it's fitting that Perl is only hard to comprehend, whereas PHP is designed to make your life hell.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  5. Tux

Tux Silverfish

GitHub:
    minecrafter
    You can technically do an event-driven model in any language, and PHP is no exception. Node.js is just notable for the fact that it exposes the event loop as an integral part of using it.

6. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    @Tux PHP was a tool that only knew about simple processing of post fields on day 1.

7. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    I was told it was markup!

8. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Witch

GitHub:
    legoboy0215
    Oh, ok. I have another off-topic question. Where is the like button?

9. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    It has been removed because you could easily gain likes without reason with it in the offtopic section

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.