1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Does Pocketmine use a different world generation than regular Minecraft?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by fflip8, Oct 20, 2019.

1. fflip8

fflip8 Creeper

Right now I have a Minecraft server with my friends that we play here and there. I host a bedrock server on my windows computer, and they play on their phones. I heard it's possible to use plugins without java edition, so now I'm looking to make a new server with some economy plugins. What I am noticing though, is that the world looks way different on pocketmine versus our old servers. There were lots of structures on my old servers, like ice castles, huts, villages, temples and more, but my pocketmine worlds that get generated are lifeless and empty.

2. MalakasPlayzMCPE

MalakasPlayzMCPE Zombie Pigman

Yes, because it is copyrighted, sadly.

3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Not exactly.

Yeah the generator can't be copied over 1:1 because copyright, but there would be no license violation if we generated our own structures, the problem is that it's not really a priority as PocketMine isn't fit for survival servers at all anyways.

jasonwynn10 and MalakasPlayzMCPE like this.
  4. Nickelberry

Nickelberry Spider

Is there anything out right now that would create vanilla Minecraft worlds?
    I think the MultiWorld plugin allows you to create the terrains like vanilla Minecraft worlds.

5. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    No, another problem would be missing mobs and other Vanilla features. For survival servers, the official Bedrock Dedicated Server is the best choice.

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  6. Bluelands Lands

Bluelands Lands Creeper

GitHub:
    bluelands
    If You Want Like some stuff use these plugins: Entities Netherite PlayerSelector's This Is What I Only Can Find In The Plugins Website
    I Think Like There May Of Be A Generation Code To Put In Pocketmine.yml but idk it Hope This Help's!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.