1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Discord chat bridge

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Thunder33345, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    Definition:
    - Discord: a platform where users can chat and communicate with each other
    - Chat bridge: to make the chat same for said discord server's channel to the server's chat and vice versa
    TLDR: a plugin that can synchronize server chat and discord channel chat together

By that i mean a plugin that can synchronize the chats, not in a one way manner(aka mirror) which is what most self claimed "discord bridge" plugin does(using webhook hacks), they all lack the capability to send messages on discord back to server
    basically making it so you can say something in server and it would show up on discord channel and vice versa
    technical preferences:
    no messy setup, preferably the bot will run in a thread of the server eliminating the need of setting up external middleman bots on VPS/another host
    preferably dont use webhooks AFAIK they have ratelimit and i dont think they are meant to handle a rapid chat

as far as how possible it is, basically boils down to weather if it's possible to run some sort of discord api library on a thread of pmmp/main and the knowledge of using said lib

for configuration, able to change format would be nice
    for what to be forwarder, mostly just chat message, maybe death messages
    I hope this include all you need to know about it

Ulti likes this.
  2. sharletsings123

sharletsings123 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    sharletk
    I actually have never tried to forward the Discord chat to the server.

I have about 2 Discord bots in PHP but as DiscordPHP is dead I had moved over to DoscordJS.

Anyways I might try to implement something like this...
    No clue I have never tried.

3. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    I make a one-way Gitter bridge in Nukkit, and created my own library.

4. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    one ways are overrated and quite easy, the MCPE->discord is just as easy as abusing webhook

5. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    I've started to rewrite the DiscordPHP project so it's less buggy and only supports discords gateway API. I'll write up a plugin utilising the library once it's actually usable, you can keep track of progress here.

6. sharletsings123

sharletsings123 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    sharletk
    That is really good.
    I have also heard that someone is bringing up the project back as well. It would be good if its back as I was more used to DiscordPHP than the DiscordJS version.

Also many people are forking the project the next second its deleted lol.

7. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    the first annoyance of these kind of these libraries is that they uses callables as event functions
    like the ones with 0 hinttyping which still bugs me to use it

sharletsings123 likes this.
  8. BluetigerESW

BluetigerESW Spider

GitHub:
    bluetigeresw
    I have a working setup, I just run a jar similar to the spigot discord plugins and then I made a plugin that pulls the information sent/received from it.

9. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    that have kind of an issue with an external setup required

10. Jack Noordhuis

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    This should be done soon.

I finally got around to continuing my rewrite of DiscordPHP and the basic functionality is there, I just need to finish up on all the fancy stuff. After I get the library working properly I'll make a viron out of it so that anyone can easily add it to their own PocketMine plugins.

11. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
  12. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    SOFe and Jack Noordhuis like this.
  13. Jack Noordhuis

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    For anyone that is still interested in this request, I finally got around to getting the plugin in a usable state: https://github.com/JackNoordhuis/DiscordRelay-PocketMine. I'll finish up on some of the other requested features soon (like modifying the format and some event broadcasting) and there are some more features that weren't requested such as console relay and ability to display messages as embeds on discord.

HimbeersaftLP and Thunder33345 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.