1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

DevTools in PMMP 1.0?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by User2016, Jan 27, 2017.

1. User2016

User2016 Spider

Hi,

since Poggit is online now, i downloaded the DevTools and installed it into my PMMP 1.6.2 (which is now the master branch).

Upon starting this plugin is not started as all other plugins due to the API version.

Is there any other version which will run or must i activate it somehow in PMMP to build the server?

2. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
  3. User2016

User2016 Spider

Ok, found it, it works. But it hard to tell which plugins use which API in which branch. As long as this is in development, would be possible to make it easier to select the proper plugin?

[I know this will be obsolete in some time, but maybe it would be helpful by the next API change too]

gistrec likes this.
  4. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    I don't really understand what you mean. If you mean that plugins should display their api version more readable, that's up to their devs.

5. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Poggit will list plugins by API version, not to mention category etc, but since the ALPHA APIs are by definition not stable and may change and break plugins at any moment, this is not a priority right now. Each plugin release has an 'API' section which the developer should set accordingly when submitting the plugin, and they can include ALPHA API's as long as the plugin has been updated and tested, not just bumped in plugin.yml.

InspectorGadget likes this.
  6. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
    Correct! I see many devs up there making this error. All they do is [API Bump] - They do that without updating the plugin / code vice. They're not even sure if the code will run or if it does they should see if PMMP has changed stuffs or not. Plugins which was made about 2 years or 1 year ago will not be considered as a working plugin. We never know the errors until we use it! As for ALPHA API version. I agree with you as DktApps told that the API which we use right now isn't finalised and it means that it will be changed in the future. -> https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/issues/179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.