1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

custom behaviour on custom entity

Discussion in 'Development' started by Nitsuguaaa, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Nitsuguaaa

Nitsuguaaa Creeper

GitHub:
    nitsuguaaa
    Hello, I created a human entity with a custom skin but I created the entity in the pluginbase so it creates the entity whenever I execute a command like /human. Is there any way to apply a custom behavior to the entity? I found a code that makes an entity behave like an enemy where it follows a player and attacks but I have no idea on how to combine the custom entity and the boss behavior
    PHP:
    class myEntity extends myBehavior
    {

public function 
    getName(): string

{
            return 
    "Bomber";
        }

public function 
    initEntity(): void

{

$image imagecreatefrompng(Main::getInstance()->getDataFolder() . "bomber.png");
    $data '';
    for (
    $y 0$height imagesy($image); $y $height$y++) {
        for (
    $x 0$width imagesx($image); $x $width$x++) {

$color imagecolorat($image$x$y);

$data .= pack("c", ($color >> 16) & 0xFF//red

pack("c", ($color >> 8) & 0xFF//green

pack("c"$color 0xFF//blue

pack("c"255 - (($color 0x7F000000) >> 23)); //alpha

}
    }
    $skin = new Skin("Bomber"$data);

$this->setSkin($skin);
        }
    I tried separating the custom entity onto the main plugin and just extend it onto the boss behavior but no matter where I place the setSkin, whether it's on the pluginbase or the custom entity file, it just throws an error that it needs a valin skin id. I have already tried setting the entity skin in the pluginbase and it works just fine.

2. minijaham

minijaham Skeleton

GitHub:
    minijaham
    You can combine these two functions for the movement:

PHP:
    $entity->setRotation($yaw$pitch); // Rotate the entity's head towards player
    $entity->move($x$y$z); // Move the entity to a specific coordinat
    I can think of two methods for attacking but the first one is simple, yet deprecated, so I don't recommend it.
    Second one is too long to explain and I don't want to sit here explaining everything by text, so you might want to check out other people's work for it.

Cheers!

Agent and Nitsuguaaa like this.
  3. Nitsuguaaa

Nitsuguaaa Creeper

GitHub:
    nitsuguaaa
    Oh that's cool, alright imma try the movement and I think I found my answer of entity attacking as well, thanks!

minijaham likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.