1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Currupted Chunk with strange entity?

Discussion in 'Development' started by instantlyta, Feb 7, 2017.

1. instantlyta

instantlyta Slime

GitHub:
    intagaming
    I've created an Ender Dragon (NETWORK_ID is 53 by the way) in a chunk, with custom Boss Bar. It works.
    I tried to remove it. It still there, doesn't go away, like nothing happened.
    I unload the world, and load it again. Load the chunk, and "Corrupted chunk detected". The entity is gone, but the chunk is okay then.
    That's with mcanvil. If i switch to mcregion, the server frozen.
    The packets of the boss bar isn't affect the server-side I assumed, since it's only send to clients.
    What makes this Ender Dragon destroy the chunk?
    If I stop the server and load the chunk, it recovered normally.

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    If the server detected a currupted chunk because you did send something to the client, then we would have a hell of a security issue here. But I'm sure we do not.
    You did probably more than just sending the player a SpawnEntityPacket...

3. instantlyta

instantlyta Slime

GitHub:
    intagaming
    I did spawn the dragon like another entities, following by the UpdateAttributesPacket and BossEventPacket (not implemented yet, but how a client packet affects the server?)
    I did spawn the entity with spawnToAll() function.
    There's probably the thing with storing the entity data to the world maybe?
    Note: Completely fresh UpdateAttributesPacket and BossEventPacket following after the dataPacket() function, no extra code included.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.