1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Creating a Server, plugin problem and server compatibility.

Discussion in 'Help' started by Cerobyte, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Cerobyte

Cerobyte Creeper

I apologize if this will be long, please bear with me as I write this down to every detail I can.

I've been a java edition player for many years and I've enjoyed the times I played specially on tekkit classic servers.
    Now my brother wants to play with me and he is on android so that means I have to play the minecraft windows 10 edition on pc so I purchased another copy of minecraft windows 10 edition and also purchased a host server.

As a player of modded version of minecraft I know it'd be more fun to play under the same circumstances in this current Bedrock Edition but this is where my problem lies as I'm clueless about plugin compatibility.

I tried to use the Pocketmine-MP latest stable server (1.14.60) (PMMP-Latest-Stable.phar) but upon checking on the plugins available, most of them are v1.4 compatible but I loaded them anyway and when I tried to run the server it didn't run the plugins.

Second thing I did is I tried running the lower version of Pocketmine-MP which is v1.4 (pmmp_1001_1.4.0.phar) assuming that I have to match the version of my pocketmine MP to the supported versions of the plugin, but this time when I tried to connect to my server it gives me an error "Could not connect: Outdated Server!"

1) Am I doing something wrong as to why the plugins didn't apply in the current latest version?
    2) Is there any way to update those plugins to make it compatible with the latest server version available or does it not work that way?
    3)Is the only way to play with plugins to use lower version of pocketmineMP? If so, which server version is the most recommended to use and how am I to fix the error I encounter about the outdated server?
    4) IF ever I am able to fix all these problems and able to run the server properly, does my brother have to do any downloading in his side in order for him to connect to my server?
    5) Will I be able to add plugins (from pocketmine-mp) if I use the Mojang Official Software version?

Additional info for my goal:
    I just wanted to add some plugins with features like:
    Essentials
    MCMMO
    Economy
    Towny

Other features I want to do/add:
    toggle fire/explosion
    change spawnpoint to better positioning
    /home feature
    /tp feature
    Tekkit-like features of redstones, pipes and machines

I appreciate all the help and knowledge you can provide with me and I apologize as I am really a newbie when it comes to making a server.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  2. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    1. No, you're not doing anything wrong. Both PocketMine and the game itself have changed a lot over time, and most plugins made for an older version simply won't work for the latest versions of either software. They have to have their coding compatible, as well as use the latest version of the PocketMine API.
    2. It's possible, depending on the plugins they may require anything from a single line of code to be updated, to an entire rewrite. The recommended thing to do is contact whoever created the plugins in the first place, assuming they're still active.
    3. The simplest thing to do in your situation is to play 1.4 like you tried before (assuming you're okay with playing an older version of the game). The error you received is simple: the version of the game is newer than what that version of PocketMine supports. You'd need to play an older version to play on the server with that software: specifically, you'd need version 0.10.4 to use PocketMine 1.4. Note though that that's before Windows 10 Edition was a thing, even if you can get version 0.10.4 of the game, you'd need to play on a mobile device.
    4. Not usually. However, if you decide to run the server for 0.10.4 (or any other older version of the game) he would have to play that same version too since the game isn't backward-compatible like that.
    5. No. The official software is made in an entirely different programming language, and running Pocketmine plugins on it will never be possible. However, the official software can use what are called add-ons, which are the game's equivalent to Java Editon mods. If you'd prefer a more stable experience with more default features (like Redstone and mobs with AI) already in the game than it's recommended to use the official software instead of Pocketmine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.