1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Couldnt connect to server

Discussion in 'Help' started by Eddir, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Eddir

Eddir Creeper

GitHub:
    eddir
    I installed new server on Ubuntu 16.04 with the command:

wget -q -O - https://get.pmmp.io | bash -s -

Then I chose port 19131 and opened this port with the command:

sudo ufw allow 19131

The server started without errors. I try to go on it, but I get an error in the game "Unable to connect to world". I'm sure the port is open. Here is the output of netstat:

[​IMG]

But there is one incredible feature here. When I join to the website in own VPS server, the PocketMine server becomes accessible for me. This works on a laptop with Linux, android smartphone and generally all those who try to enter. Some time later the problem come again. How to fix it?

2. patrola

patrola Creeper

Yeah, I have same problem, everything worked yesterday, but today nothing works. I get the "Unable to connect to the world" error, and server's console shows nothing.
    Server has open ports, it has static ip, both server and client are on same network, and it doesn't work :/

3. Eddir

Eddir Creeper

GitHub:
    eddir
    No, it is not a similar problem. I can join to server after open the website in chrome. If your server and client are on some network you dont need open ports.

4. patrola

patrola Creeper

It is kind of same "The server started without errors. I try to go on it, but I get an error in the game "Unable to connect to world"." "Some time later the problem come again."
    And yes, you need to open ports on firewall even if client is on same network as server.

5. Flavius12

Flavius12 Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    flavius12
    This is because when you close your VPS session, PocketMine is closed too. Try to run pocketmine using Linux screen: it will keep your session active also when you close your SSH session.

6. Eddir

Eddir Creeper

GitHub:
    eddir
    No, I am using screen and I can send command and see the log output, but can not join to server without opening the website in chrome.

7. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    I have a few players suffering from a permanent "unable to connect to world" error, despite the vast majority being able to join without any problems - and it happens to me about 20% of the time, but I usually get on at the second attempt. I suspect it might be caused by a very poor internet connection (I'm travelling), but have no proof of that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.