1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Control Panel for PMMP?

Discussion in 'Help' started by FiberglassCivic, Aug 27, 2017.

1. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    My Linux Kernel is too old sadly

2. sharletsings123

sharletsings123 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    sharletk
    I could try to setup as I have 3 VPS in which 1 for my company the second for a friend who uses it and the third is kind of "not using much" but it has forums etc. Tho it would be fun to try out pterodactyl.

But actually which is more better in Styling and many other features?
    PufferPanel or Pterodactyl?

Anywahs I could run a server normally with a start and stop scripts as well as other methods like screen and tmux so yeah lawl.

3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Pterodactyl is the successor of PufferPanel, they're both from the same developer

4. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    I've got one in the works but it's split up into two projects and I don't really have a estimate in regards to time.

You have the wrapper that you run on your server and on the other side you have the UI that talks to the wrapper. The idea is to keep the wrapper open source whereas the UI is going to be provided as a service (with free options for very small servers). Think of it like the Node process management module PM2 and the company's commercial web ui (keymetrics.io).

The biggest difference between my project and other panels is that mine is designed for MCPE only and as a result I intend to implement several MCPE-only features. If all you want is the functionality of some of the panels (like backups etc) without the actual panel, the open source wrapper is going to cover your needs.

5. FiberglassCivic

FiberglassCivic Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    95civicsi
    I must say that the highlight of my day so far has been this:

multicraft-pmmp.png

After a bit of reading, and a bit of toying around with my server, I have a very basic working install of PocketMine-MP running on MultiCraft. Now to polish up some of the other options in the config files and I'll share what I have when I'm done.

6. Karanpatel567

Karanpatel567 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    Karanpatel567
    Well there's no control panel for pmmp unless its a online host, the control panel for pmmp is the whole "Pocketmine-MP" folder to access the console is the "start.cmd" or "start.sh".
    Also Multicraft is basically pmmp but on online host to keep it 24/7

7. FiberglassCivic

GitHub:
    95civicsi
    For your reference @ https://multicraft.org/site/page/pricing

Also, the post I made just before your post is an install of MultiCraft, on my own server, controlling my install of PocketMine-MP.

8. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    EdwardHamHam likes this.
  9. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    Very cool. :)

I'll keep this thread bookmarked so I can post in it as I am working on my projects. Eventually I am going to need some testers as I don't really run any Minecraft server.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  10. NFGamerMC

NFGamerMC Spider Jockey

Why not try out Server manager by @Ad5001

11. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Um, that's what @jasonwynn10 just suggested.

HimbeersaftLP and jasonwynn10 like this.
  12. FiberglassCivic

GitHub:
    95civicsi
    Lack of documentation.

13. Ad5001

Ad5001 Silverfish

GitHub:
    ad5001
    InspectorGadget likes this.
  14. FiberglassCivic

GitHub:
    95civicsi
    About installation and setup. I have a VPS with Ubuntu Server and while I was able to get Snapcraft installed and use the snap options to download PSM, there is no obvious way to execute the manager from that point. I have this strange feeling that it requires a gui.

15. Ad5001

Ad5001 Silverfish

GitHub:
    ad5001
    Ah I understand. You can just have either VNC or X11 (enable in your SSH client for this one) to run graphical apps w/ ssh. Otherwise, just use the --no-gui flag to start it and manage it with commands.

Ill make a wiki about that.

CaptainDuck likes this.
  16. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I think it would be better if it just had a web interface. It would be simpler, and wouldn't require a VNC client.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  17. Ad5001

Ad5001 Silverfish

GitHub:
    ad5001
    Yes I know, I've, unfortunatly, thought it too late. It would require a major rewrite for this and lot of rethinking about.

18. FiberglassCivic

GitHub:
    95civicsi
    I've updated the original post to summarize suggestions to this point. Hopefully others will find this helpful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.