1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Completely new to this server thing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by superdeet, May 28, 2019.

1. superdeet

superdeet Creeper

Hello members of this server,
    I recently bought a LEET server for my friends. We all have fun and everything, but we're finding it all to be a bit limiting (no redstone, nether or mobs). I remembered how it's possible to keep a physical server in my home, and run a server from there, and now I'm leaning towards doing that and using PocketMine.

I was wondering what to get, and if I could get everything for under $50? It would need to be 24/7 but I only need it to be able to have 5 or 6 players on at once, maximum. I'm planning on having it be semi-vanilla with minimal plugins (<10).

I did some research and found that 1gb of ram and 20gb hdd should be enough, is that correct? Also, my internet connection is usually 50 mbps download and 15-20 mbps upload, not sure if that's too slow.

Also, if you have any more tips, please share! I need all the help I can get lol

2. neb16

neb16 Witch

GitHub:
    developerneb101
    Use a VPS

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    PocketMine does not have that by default either, you are probably best fit with the official BedRock dedicated server: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server/bedrock/

While it does not have plugin support, it supports all vanilla features, which makes it more suited for survival and redstone worlds.

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.