1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

client spams MovePlayerPacket

Discussion in 'Development' started by udwarf, Nov 23, 2016.

1. udwarf

udwarf Silverfish

Hello!
    Sorry for asking not about plugins, but i faced this while i was developing some plugin...
    I just noticed that the game client constantly sends to the server MovePlayerPacket even when the player is idle.
    The packet is sent every 50 ms with the same coordinates. It makes at least excess traffic and unnecessary server load
    It looks like game client dont get the confirmation from the server and resends the packet, or something like that

I checked on the clean install with the only one plugin that logs sent and received packets. Server was run on Windows
    What could it be? Is it normal? On the 0.15 version the client sends the MovePlayerPacket only once.

2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    I will be honest i have no idea but i guess they now have a new behavour and i don't think that will increase load
    unless it runs on a poor device

3. udwarf

udwarf Silverfish

If its server with 100+ clients, it will be more than 2000 additional packets for server to process for each seconds.
    I think may be Its better to avoid that load if its possible?

4. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    Wasn't this commit supposed to prevent that?

HittmanA likes this.
  5. KnownUnown

KnownUnown Spider Jockey Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    knownunown
    That doesn't prevent the packet from being sent, it prevents it from being processed. If you're listening to DataPacketReceiveEvent, it'll still show up. It seems to be a bug with 0.16.

6. Lambo

Lambo Spider

GitHub:
    Lambo16
    This is a problem with MCPE, not with PocketMine. Report it to the devs and see if they fix it.

SOFe likes this.
  7. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    I didn't say it would prevent sending it

8. Lambo

Lambo Spider

GitHub:
    Lambo16
    You probably should've specified what was being prevented to prevent confusion ;)

9. udwarf

udwarf Silverfish

Does anyone sniff if the clients spams in the same way with any hm.. official servers? realms say, or when playing with friends?

10. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    This is a client issue. Blame Mojang and hope they fix it. Or maybe forward the excess to them.

Thunder33345 and SOFe like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.