1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Client lag

Discussion in 'Help' started by MalakasPlayzMCPE, Dec 23, 2018.

1. MalakasPlayzMCPE

MalakasPlayzMCPE Zombie Pigman

So, I am an admin of a pretty famous server and I experience a lag when I try to join the server. The main owner does too so I am 100% sure it's a server bug. This does not occur on any other servers. By lag I mean a small delay in the beginning (when I join) with the packets getting received (not sent) which is getting bigger and bigger each second. Any chat message I send is viewable by the others but for me, it takes minutes to show.

Any helpful reply is appreciated. This started happening on 1.8.0 but is was also happening on 1.7 sometimes when changing worlds. I have to be lucky for the bug not to happen.

2. MalakasPlayzMCPE

Bump?

3. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    "Loading resources" screen takes longer than usual? That's 1.8 at fault.

4. MalakasPlayzMCPE

That's what is causing it or you didn't understand what I mean? Also note it only happens at the server name in my signature and not always. If that's the reason, what can I do to reduce the screen thing? I have also noticed that this happens depending on the players in the lobby but it may just be a coincidence. Hiding each player to the player that join till the playerjoinevent gets called?

5. Destroyer57

Destroyer57 Zombie

Its can be because of poor connection between u and server

6. MalakasPlayzMCPE

I tried hiding the players, same thing. Maybe the player list in the screen that pops up when pressing escape?
    50 mbps wifi. The ping is pretty much okay (never passes 150 ms). Server hosted in France, we both me and owner live in Greece right now. The owner hadn't that bug when he was in USA but when 1.8 came out, he went to Greece, so yeah.

7. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    Are you sure about the "This does not occur on any other servers" part? I can very well reproduce this by joining just about any server.
    The "Loading resources" screen takes around 10 seconds of the total joining time and this isn't just necessarily joining that's targeted. This happens even while leaving the server (Yes, idk for what reason the "Loading resources" screen shows up while quitting a server).
    You can even reproduce this by /transferserver back to the same server you're on. You'll have to deal with 2 "Loading resources" screen in this case.

Kyd likes this.
  8. MalakasPlayzMCPE

You did not get it, hopefully for you at least. When I join the server I am talking about, all the packets from the server are being sent to me a bit delayed and each second the delay gets bigger and bigger. Any chat message I send is being displayed to the console instantly. This can be rarely reproduced by spamming teleports to other worlds but you may also crash with that. I will try to send a video if you did not understand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.