1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Can someone bump the API for this plugin?

Discussion in 'Development' started by TDubzPlayz, Mar 10, 2019.

1. TDubzPlayz

TDubzPlayz Silverfish

2. Mr174

Mr174 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    mr174
    Dont know of its allowed or not but download it go into the plugin.yml and change the api to the latest

3. Aericio

Aericio Slime

GitHub:
    aericio
    You can do that, but it is not advised. Simply changing the API version will not guarantee it to instantly work; you will need to update some bits of the code. If you feel comfortable updating the code, take a look at the changelog here to see what you need to update.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  4. TDubzPlayz

TDubzPlayz Silverfish

Hmmm... I know a bit of PHP however looking at that now I don’t really think I’m comfortable with updating the code.

Can anybody tell me what code I need to update to lead me in the right direction?

5. Aericio

Aericio Slime

GitHub:
    aericio
    You can just do it via trial and error:
    - run the plugin with API updated to 3.6.0
    - fix the errors that popup
    - restart the server
    and continue to do it until it is fixed. You should note that sometimes the errors wont automatically show up upon restart, so you'll need to trigger the plugin to run stuff manually. In this plugin, it seems like you can just run all the player selectors (@a, @e, whatever).

If you get stuck on any of the errors, you can ask here :)

6. TDubzPlayz

TDubzPlayz Silverfish

Thanks! As soon as I updated the API the plugin worked without any errors!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.