1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Can hackers hack me whithout knowing my ip adress

Discussion in 'Help' started by Kalexandersen, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Kalexandersen

Kalexandersen Spider

GitHub:
    Kalexandersen
    Can hackers hack me if they dont know my ip by changing ip adress using no-ip?
    (Port forwarding)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    well by giving them the no IP, you are giving them your IP
    a simple ping should resolve host address to your IP

the simplest way to think of this: can people join your server?
    if they can they can also hack it

3. Kalexandersen

Kalexandersen Spider

GitHub:
    Kalexandersen
    Okay, Im thinking about making a server using pocketmine and portforwarding bc i dont want to speed money on a host. Is it safe and should i do it?

4. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    It's safeest if you have a firewall and proper security, but even the best lock can be picked. It's really simple to get someone's IP address from a hostname, and hackers might be able to use the hostname too.
    As if you should do it, that depends. Do you really want to for your server, and is your machine powerful enough to handle your specific server? If so, you could, although I'd still personally recommend using a VPS, but if you can't afford it than you could host it yourself if you really want to.

5. Destroyer57

Destroyer57 Zombie

You cant be hacked with an ip adress. Only get flooded

6. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    From a realistic standpoint it's highly unlikely that you get hacked, assuming your PocketMine server runs on an isolated, non-root user, there'd have to be an exploit in PocketMine, in the OS the server runs on and someone that actually attacks you using these hypothetical exploits.
    There might be other ports on your system that are already open and have security holes behind them (e.g unpatched routers or IoT devices that used UPnP to open a port for themselved), but those would already be exploitable. While running a popular server might make you a more interesting target, the holes are always there (or aren't).

TLDR: It's not going to make you any more insecure than you already are, if you are using the internet.

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.