1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

best way to store players data

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by UnknownOre, Feb 27, 2019.

1. UnknownOre

UnknownOre Silverfish

GitHub:
    UnknownOre
    i'm making a plugin that saves all players settings money and stuff so i was wondering what is the best and fastest way to store data
    ..sorry for my bad english

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  2. Levi

Levi Skeleton

GitHub:
    captainleviftw
    RAM

3. That may be the fastest but not the best. If your keeping the data you should use a database such as MySQL or MongoDB.

UnknownOre and Muqsit like this.
  4. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    I'd go with MySQL as well. SQL tables are usually great in this aspect.
    Its not the fastest when you're fetching/updating small data but that's where asynchronization covers it up, but works amazingly well with large data. For example: fetching the top 10 players with the highest money value - usually takes a few milliseconds for a table consisting of 100k entries.
    Since you're making a plugin that I assume is going to be public, many might find it annoying to set up a MySQL server just to use the plugin. So there's always SQLite which is a flat file version of MySQL in a very vague sense.
    If you're ever going to make a website displaying the top 10 players, all you need to do with MySQL is connect to MySQL server and run your query, so there's an advantage of extendability.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.