1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Are Auth plugins needed now?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by TheShinPin, Sep 21, 2017.

1. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    well, unless I'm mistaken you have to crack the PC client to be able to join servers without a Mojang account, so it's pretty much the same now, except with Xbox Live... still, I disagree with it.

sharletsings123 and EdwardHamHam like this.
  2. TheShinPin

TheShinPin Baby Zombie

What does this mean? (edit) I mean I know what it does, but does it mean we are safe now?

Attached Files:

3. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    it means that PocketMine-MP will now verify that a client is actually logged into Xbox Live, so that users don't need to worry about it.

4. TheShinPin

TheShinPin Baby Zombie

Yes I knew that, but does it mean auth plugins are no longer needed now, or is their still some way to get around xbl?

5. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Unless you have some extra need for auth plugins (such as transferring old account data) you should be able to ditch your authentication plugins with comfort, provided that you're using a PocketMine-MP build with Xbox Live enabled.

SOFe likes this.
  6. TheShinPin

TheShinPin Baby Zombie

Good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.