1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Announcement API 3.0 and support for MCPE 1.0

Discussion in 'News' started by dktapps, Dec 20, 2016.

1. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    So, yesterday evening I released our mcpe-1.0 development branch to the public.

DO NOT USE IN PRODUCTION, IT IS ALMOST DEFINITELY UNSTABLE and MAY CORRUPT YOUR WORLDS. BACK UP before testing.

This version has had an API bump to 3.0.0-ALPHA1 to cater for breaking changes which have been made to the core. More details on this can be seen at https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/issues/179

How can I get this?
    I can't stress enough that this branch is intended for development only and may be unstable. If you really insist, you can use git to clone the branch and run a server from source code.

When will it be officially released?
    Don't ask for ETAs. As @SOFe likes to say, ETA = Exaggerated Time of Arrival.

Interesting links
    Updated DevTools: https://jenkins.pmmp.io/job/PocketMine-MP DevTools/

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE
    MATERIAL FOR NUCLEAR PLANTS, EXPLOSIVE WHEN IN CONTACT WITH SOME MATERIALS. HANDLE WITH CARE.

It was PEMapModder, not me!

Deeonix, Bamuel, Palente and 6 others like this.
  3. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Spider Jockey

When will it officially be released? Untitled.png

dktapps and Magicode like this.
  4. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    For detailed info please refer to https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/issues/179 But please do not discuss too much over there, this thread is a better place.
    I'll just do a recap of everything to do with API3.0:

API 3.0 will require more changes than just an API bump or renaming tags! ALMOST EVERYTHING in Level was/is going to be flipped upside down, removed or changed. You can almost compare this to the API update from the 0-15APIs to the 1.0.0 api.

Small list of other breaking changes:
    Level:
    Good, so what is exactly going to happen with /pocketmine/level/*? We cannot really tell yet. But we will either have Dimensions or SubLevels (although Dimensions are more likely to happen, the decision has not been made yet, please refer to https://forums.pmmp.io/threads/dimensions-support-and-new-level-dimensions-api.361/). For plugin developers that want to adapt their plugin as soon as possible should try to look at the diff. Again, this may not be the final version, due to the upcoming DIMs/sublevel. Please also note that mcregion is now discouraged due to the block height limit. We're currently using anvil and working on getting LevelDB back if possible.

Commands?:
    Yes, commands will also be totally redesigned in the final 3.0.0. Not much has been planned here yet. But it is going to add the capability to use mcps's hinting. This will probably also break all plugins using commands.

Block/Item:
    They will also get a rewrite, due to the current system is not easily maintainable. No details here yet as well, they may get auto-generated.
    This will probably also cause all Plugins using Items or Blocks to break.

PHP7 typehints/other thingies like private constants (7.1)
    Every function will get appropriate type hints. This will impact extending classes/interfaces by plugins which do not comply with this.

Inventory:
    Inventory is horribly bugged currently and will get a rewrite. I am not sure exactly how much will change but i expect the whole old system to be blown, and probably the need to relearn how inventories work in pmmp will be necessary afterwards.

There will be many additions, like server resource packs, but you can read about those in the github issue

FiberglassCivic and Primus like this.
  5. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
  6. Matthew

Matthew Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    matthww
    What is the best way to report bugs for this unstable not recommend running branch?

dktapps likes this.
  7. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Just stick them in the issue tracker, but make sure you make it clear which branch you are running. I'll see about adding branch information to Jenkins builds.

Matthew likes this.
  8. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    More like you will find yourself bug reports about known issues.

dktapps likes this.
  9. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

More like HFSO3, can't even go near it

10. Reece Mackie

Reece Mackie Creeper

GitHub:
    rover656
    How are you supposed to create the .phar file???

11. KnownUnown

KnownUnown Spider Jockey Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    knownunown
    If you don't know how to get it or create it, you probably shouldn't be using it.
    jenkins.pmmp.io

Primus and dktapps like this.
  12. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    You aren't supposed to create the .phar file if you aren't a developer.

13. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Is pmmp going to allow for taller worlds in PocketMine for the 1.0.0. update? Ifso, how long will it take to be pushed to the branch?

14. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    If you're using Anvil worlds, 256 high worlds are already supported. MCRegion is not due to limitations on the format.

15. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Is there a way to convert the MCRegion to Anvil to allow the new height? can this be implemented in PocketMine?

16. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    I'm planning to, but Anvil has its own issues, mainly terrible performance (blame Mojang for removing YZX order capability).

I'm planning to get leveldb working on php7 with 1.0 at some stage - we are going to need it.

17. ovendial

ovendial Silverfish

dumb question, should I subscribe to this thread to be notified when there is a production-worthy release of PMMP for mcpe-1.0? if not, where should I check for updates?

18. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Witch

GitHub:
    legoboy0215
    GitHub.

ovendial, SOFe and dktapps like this.
  19. Lambo

Lambo Spider

GitHub:
    Lambo16
    Hmm... I think this means I should use it in production and complain that I lost all of my data afterwards?

20. ovendial

ovendial Silverfish

Which new features of MCPE v1.0.0 will PMMP support?

From the Minecraft wiki:

Additions
    Changes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.