1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Solved What im doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Development' started by IvanCraft623, Oct 13, 2020.

1. IvanCraft623

IvanCraft623 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    IvanCraft623
    Hello, I am practically new to Pocketmine, I have only been with this one year, which I have always used poggit plugins but I do not always find what I need so I have ventured into trying to create plugins for my own server, my knowledge in php It is null.

I have tried to get the nametag of a player with the rank of PurePerms / PureChat but I have run into this error I have looked in several pages but I have not found a solution.

Error:
    Code:
    [Server thread/CRITICAL]: ErrorException: "Array to string conversion" (EXCEPTION) in "plugins/EnderCore/src/Core/Core" at line 61
    Code:
    PHP:
    public function onJoin(PlayerJoinEvent $event){

$player $event->getPlayer();

$rank $this->getServer()->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PurePerms")->getUserDataMgr($player)->getGroup($player);

$nametag $this->getServer()->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PureChat")->getConfig()->get("groups"$rank"nametag");

$event->setJoinMessage("");

$this->getServer()->broadcastMessage($nametag ."§r§7 has joined the server");
    }

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  2. KygekDev

KygekDev Witch

GitHub:
    KygekDev
    You are giving the error backtrace. Give the text above that.

3. IvanCraft623

IvanCraft623 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    IvanCraft623
    Sorry I had not realized xD

Is:
    Code:
    [Server thread/CRITICAL]: ErrorException: "Array to string conversion" (EXCEPTION) in "plugins/EnderCore/src/Core/Core" at line 61

4. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

$nametag is not string, but array instead
    do
    PHP:
    var_dump($nametag);
    to see exact contents of that variable. Perhaps the value you're looking for is inside that array.

5. IvanCraft623

IvanCraft623 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    IvanCraft623
    Now this error:
    Code:
    array(4) {
      ["Guest"]=>
      array(3) {
        ["chat"]=>
        string(61) "&7[Guest] &f{fac_rank}{fac_name}&a {display_name} &7> &f{msg}"
        ["nametag"]=>
        string(26) "&7[Guest] &f{display_name}"
        ["worlds"]=>
        array(0) {
        }
      }
      ["Admin"]=>
      array(3) {
        ["chat"]=>
        string(61) "&c[Admin] &7{fac_rank}{fac_name}&6 {display_name} &d>&b {msg}"
        ["nametag"]=>
        string(49) "&a[Admin]&e {fac_rank}{fac_name} &6{display_name}"
        ["worlds"]=>
        array(0) {
        }
      }
      ["Owner"]=>
      array(3) {
        ["chat"]=>
        string(64) "&d[Owner] &c{fac_rank}{fac_name} &b{display_name} &c>&6> &b{msg}"
        ["nametag"]=>
        string(49) "&d[Owner]&c {fac_rank}{fac_name} &b{display_name}"
        ["worlds"]=>
        array(0) {
        }
      }
      ["OP"]=>
      array(3) {
        ["chat"]=>
        string(77) "&a[OP] &5{fac_rank}{fac_name}&b {prefix}{display_name}{suffix} &c>&6> &f{msg}"
        ["nametag"]=>
        string(46) "&a[OP] &c{fac_rank}{fac_name} &b{display_name}"
        ["worlds"]=>
        array(0) {
        }
      }
    }
    [08:14:54] [Server thread/CRITICAL]: ErrorException: "Array to string conversion" (EXCEPTION) in "plugins/EnderCore/src/Core/Core" at line 62
    Code:
    PHP:

$rank $this->getServer()->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PurePerms")->getUserDataMgr($player)->getGroup($player);

$nametag $this->getServer()->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PureChat")->getConfig()->get("groups"$rank"nametag");

var_dump($nametag);

}
    Error line:
    PHP:

6. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

PHP:
    $this->getServer()->broadcastMessage($nametag[$rank] ."§r§7 has joined the server");
    I won't go into details.

7. IvanCraft623

IvanCraft623 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    IvanCraft623
    Code:
    [Server thread/CRITICAL]: ErrorException: "Illegal offset type" (EXCEPTION) in "plugins/EnderCore/src/Core/Core" at line 62

8. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Now dump the $rank variable, I was just assuming that $nametag contains all registered groups and $rank is the group the player is assigned to.

$nametag could also be array of the inheritance tree. Getting the last element from the array might resolve this.

minijaham likes this.
  9. KygekDev

KygekDev Witch

GitHub:
    KygekDev
    Try to use this:
    PHP:
    $this->getServer()->broadcastMessage($nametag[$rank]["nametag"]."§r§7 has joined the server");

10. IvanCraft623

IvanCraft623 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    IvanCraft623
    Hi guys I found the solution by looking at the PureChat code.
    For those who want to know how I got the nametag...
    I have used these variables:
    PHP:
    $levelName  $this->getServer()->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PureChat")->getConfig()->get("enable-multiworld-chat") ? $player->getLevel()->getName() : null;
    $nametag $this->getServer()->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PureChat")->getNametag($player$levelName);
    An example where I use the nametag that pureperms assigns you:
    PHP:

$levelName  $this->getServer()->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PureChat")->getConfig()->get("enable-multiworld-chat") ? $player->getLevel()->getName() : null;

$nametag $this->getServer()->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PureChat")->getNametag($player$levelName);

}

Primus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.