1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Custom Day/Night Cycles

Discussion in 'Development' started by AndyDanny, Apr 2, 2020.

1. AndyDanny

AndyDanny Creeper

Hello all,

I'm new to PM and modding, honestly haven't really been into MC since about 2013, but recently got back into it and am currently trying to construct a custom Bedrock survival server for me and my son.

One of my priorities is to customize the day/night cycle duration, at first to 2x length for both cycles, and as I learn more C++ and become familiar with the code, I hope to script a seasonal progression for the day/night cycles (longer days to simulate summer, longer nights for winter).

I honestly don't know squat about modding this game so any advice, resources and direction would be a great help!

Also... I didn't want to clog up the forum with multiple posts, so I'll go ahead and say some more things here.

Some of my other modding priorities are:
    -Disable all mob griefing except zombies breaking wooden doors (maybe other things in the future)
    -Disable hunger+remove the hunger bar
    -Disable natural running (boosts/magic only)
    -Modify animal+mob loot tables so they drop food stuffs less frequently

My lower priority mods:
    -Modify sleeping so it no longer skips the night cycle
    -Decrease the maximum uses/durability of all tools+weapons

\/,
    -AndyDanny

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    You probably want to stop right there. PocketMine doesn't really work well at all for vanilla / survival stuff. Trust me, it's better if you spare yourself that trouble and use the official Bedrock server.
    If those game changes are really important for you, try Java Edition instead. Some stuff from that list might be doable on the vanilla server using command blocks, too.

3. AndyDanny

AndyDanny Creeper

Thank you. I will take your advice!

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
  5. EndermannbugZJFC

EndermannbugZJFC Slime

GitHub:
    endermanbugzjfc
    U remind me why I started to use PMMP: Vanilla addon so useless, me rn: thx god they r still useless I don't have to quit pm

6. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    You can do lots more things with the new scripting engine, but that you for your off topic message (not)

7. EndermannbugZJFC

EndermannbugZJFC Slime

GitHub:
    endermanbugzjfc
    Nah I prefer writing PHP more than making scripts XD, and u cant even run scripts on mobile client devices lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.