1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Wth Microsoft ????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CupidonSauce173, Jul 20, 2018.

1. CupidonSauce173

CupidonSauce173 Zombie

GitHub:
    cupidonsauce173
    So I just saw that thing saying that the nametags are only working on featured servers and that now this is a featured-server-exclusive ???

Here is my question :
    1.4.0 to 1.5.0 was really bad, as I saw, it was bad coded, lot of issues, hard to deal with everything, was that a mistake from microsoft or it on purpose ? I mean, why it is harder to update pmmp now ? Since Microsoft are in command.I think microsoft only try to kill pmmp and every no-featured servers since they released realms. Just look on how much they put energy their Realms...It wouldn't surprise me that they want us dead.

2. CupidonSauce173

CupidonSauce173 Zombie

GitHub:
    cupidonsauce173
    Worse, maybe they will buy platforms like BuyCraft to directly take their money lol.

3. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    If they wanted to kill PMMP, they would have done it long ago. This version has quite a few issues, aside for multiplayer-related ones(Like crashing on startup), and it was kind of rushed anyway, so I bet they'll patch it. Whether they knew about the nametag issue and kept it that way to assist featured servers, idk.

4. CupidonSauce173

CupidonSauce173 Zombie

GitHub:
    cupidonsauce173
    If they wanted us dead, they wouldn't just do it like that, they would do it slowly. Microsoft can't do things like that because of their reputation...By destroying every servers at the same time and just keep the featured one, they would lose a LOT of money because players wouldn't play anymore because they would be forced to play realms or featured servers. By killing every servers slowly (example by making featured servers, adding realms and making the job to update pmmp harder) it wouldn't be "their fault" if "we gave up".

Plus, by killing the servers at the same time, it would be a bad hit on their reputation because business like MIcrosoft can't do whatever they want like some people think.

Marabou likes this.
  5. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    I don't think it matters if they did it slowly or quickly. As long as there isn't something like Bukkit or Spigot for MCBE, it will hurt their reputation just as much or worse. I can't find a source right now, but I know they said they planned to allow third party software for the foreseeable future. They've enforced the EULA, Transfer packet has been removed/readded, an update breaks PMMP for a few weeks, it's happened time and time again, and it has always worked out. This isn't the first stupid thing to happen because of Mojang, and it won't be the last.

Additionally, PMMP was widely used back when we knew this version of Minecraft as MCPE. I highly doubt they'd remove the thing that servers that millions of players play on exclusively, especially now that Minecraft reaches a lot more people than it did before. With the Minecraft Marketplace added, they're making money in a way that doesn't affect multiplayer.

This is all my opinion though, so don't take it too seriously.

LewBr and EdwardHamHam like this.
  6. MSG100PM

MSG100PM Slime

GitHub:
    MSG100TC
    I see some servers like prime games and Nether games has fixed the name tags

Deleted member 2188 likes this.
  7. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    It's not getting any harder to update PocketMine. It's just that

- they do something, it works
    - then they break it
    - then we hack around the bug to make it "work" again
    - then they break the hacks, return to step 2

That's the hard part - duct taping around Mojang clusterfucks version after version. It's getting very tiresome and the game just keeps getting more and more broken with every update.

(A prime example of this is floating text, and more specifically nametags.)

8. CupidonSauce173

CupidonSauce173 Zombie

GitHub:
    cupidonsauce173
    Oh ok, so basically, we are like hackers for them because pocketmine is not "suppose to exist" ?

9. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    they don't care about us, make no mistake of that. If they do something someday that breaks third party servers, they won't give a shit.

If we get something cool in the game, it's because a partner asked for it, or because it was coming anyway. We third party server devs have zero leverage.

10. CupidonSauce173

CupidonSauce173 Zombie

GitHub:
    cupidonsauce173
    This is really sad but yeah, microsoft x)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.