1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Written book client crash

Discussion in 'Help' started by BruhLol, Nov 28, 2017.

1. BruhLol

BruhLol Baby Zombie

Description:
    - Do /give <player> 387 1 and hold the book, the client will crash with no error on console or a crashdump.
    Additional Info:
    - Tested with no plugins installed
    - Expecting it to not crash upon holding the book
    Version:
    PMMP: 523a7f0
    PHP: 7.20RC5
    MCPE: 1.2.5

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    That's because you're giving a complete empty written book. The client expects it to have valid content.

3. BruhLol

BruhLol Baby Zombie

yea but it crashes the whole game just on tapping it and the players misuse to crash other players, is there a way to make it not crash or just send a message the book is empty?

4. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Well, simply block the give command / prevent any empty written book item to enter there inv through certain events

Sandertv likes this.
  5. BruhLol

BruhLol Baby Zombie

Players seem to have already made empty books, i tried removing the book on hold, but it crashes the client before holding. Please any suggestions or fixes.

6. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    You could on join foreach the inv to remove them. And then prevent them from ever be added again. I might make a plugin ‚emptyWrittenBookPreventor‘ or sth.

HimbeersaftLP and BruhLol like this.
  7. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Try this https://poggit.pmmp.io/ci/Awzaw/BookChecker. I put this together very quickly to fix problems for players joining my servers, so it's untested and probably needs refining. It won't stop you giving 387, or the player crashing when you do, but it will clear empty written books when they rejoin so they don't crash, and you can use other plugins to prevent /give 387. It also removes all books if you have an empty book, so I'll change it to only remove the unwritten book later today if I get time.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    BruhLol and RyanShaw like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.