1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Solved World Generation

Discussion in 'Development' started by Az928, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Az928

Az928 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    theaz928
    Greetings. As you know, pmmp world Generator is plain. But I want to achieve somewhat vanilla generation. I've researched a bit on it but couldn't find any reliable solution. BetterGen by Ad5001 is good but it has many bugs and I think it's not complete.

It turns out Minecraft uses Voxel terrain generation and uses Simplex, Perlin. But I've zero knowledge on it. I can't find MC PC source either that I could check and know how the vanilla Generation works.
    So I can't code my own either.

Nukkit Generation is decent and very near to vanilla, but they've restrictions to use it on pmmp. Even if I tried to port it, I would have probably messed up somewhere.

Now on to the main question, is there any guide on how to achieve somewhat vanilla Generation? I've seen cosmicpe has a decent terrain Generation so I don't think it's impossible.

I'm requesting someone who knows about world Generation to guide me or create a team where we can together code it.

Thanks for helping, and sorry for my bad English. If you don't get any part of my post then kindly reply so you and I both can be clear.

2. GamakCZ

GamakCZ Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    GamakCZ
    OnTheVerge, Mr174, JackMD and 2 others like this.
  3. Az928

Az928 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    theaz928
    Yes! I've been looking for some examples, thanks!

OnTheVerge likes this.
  4. Destroyer57

Destroyer57 Zombie

I just downloaded it and generated a new world but the worlds are still same as pocketmine generates by default

5. Az928

Az928 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    theaz928
    /mw new world_name 1982626 custom

6. Destroyer57

Destroyer57 Zombie

Still same for some reason

7. JackMD

JackMD Silverfish

GitHub:
    jackmd
    Awesome!

8. GamakCZ

GamakCZ Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    GamakCZ
    Then you must use /mw tp world_name

9. Destroyer57

Destroyer57 Zombie

Ah really? Thats what i did all the time but it seems like the plugin is a joke anyway.

10. GamakCZ

GamakCZ Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    GamakCZ
    Contact me on github issues to fix it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.