1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Why not add a "Plugin release" forum?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Jesse2061, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Jesse2061

Jesse2061 Silverfish

Like the old forums of Pocketmine, some devs can post and release their own awesome plugins. If not, many plugins might disappear due to no one knows. It's a spirit of dedication.
    Hope this new forums can add an area or make a new forum to allow the developers to send their plugins.(I am also a dev....Just it;))

Muqsit, jasonwynn10 and XShockinFireX like this.
  2. ZakousseMC

ZakousseMC Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    ZakousseMC
  3. Jesse2061

Jesse2061 Silverfish

4. ZakousseMC

ZakousseMC Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    ZakousseMC
    No prob,

5. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    But still it isnt on the main forum which i am honestly quite bugged about

6. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Why? it is not supposed to be directly connected to this forum. Well, they may add a link up there

Dog2puppy and applqpak like this.
  7. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    well that still meant this found have no plugin repo BUT this forum have a link to some plugin repo
    which is not really the same, i just rather have a forum WITH a plugin repo where everything is on one forum i dont have to go to some other sites to check for notif or anything
    (and these are just MY opinion)

8. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    Xenforo has an option to create a Resources section. Maybe Featured plugins on Poggit could make it there?

Muqsit, jasonwynn10 and Sandertv like this.
  9. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    I've been assured that Poggit will indeed have its own section in these forums when it's ready, but for now it's still in alpha. That said, it already works well and devs should really start using GitHub and Poggit ASAP - the sooner you get your plugins on there, the sooner they will be approved and maybe featured in the official plugin list!

10. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    How does that make a difference, not like it takes so much effort to go to a new webpage

11. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Well, some people aren't clever enough to know poggit...

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  12. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    Wouldn't it be best to just add another one of these forum navigation elements next to the issue tab, and make it redirect to poggit? That way people can easily get there without having to know what poggit even is.

13. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    I meant in my post that this should be added :p

14. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    You cant expect everyone to share the same view

15. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    I don't. I just suspect laziness. I'm not sure opening a new tab and typing an address is a thing to have opinions whether it is too much bother or not. A simple fact: It isn't hard

16. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i dont really want to debate if we should or shouldnt that's why i am just saying that's my opinion,
    but if you insist on debating then whatever i will play along too
    isnt adding a new resources section the same thing, it isnt hard to add too? or at the very least easier then building release platform
    (no i am not against poggit or any release platform i just promote the idea of having a resource section under this forum)

17. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    Nope I don't want to have a debate

Thunder33345 likes this.
  18. Awzaw

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Anyone who submitted plugins to the old pocketmine knows what is like waiting for uploads to be accepted, and staff know what it is like looking at an ever growing inbox of code to review. Poggit is designed to reduce the workload for devs and admin, and there will indeed be a dedicated Poggit forum section under 'Plugins' for devs to manage one thread per approved release. The main advantage of a dedicated pocketmine CI/Release system is that staff will have instant access to code changes on github which will speed up approval and reapproval times; devs will maintain code/releases more easily, and users will get all the benefits of that - faster updates, better compatibility, better user/staff/dev communication etc

It might seem a little confusing right now as Poggit is new, and still not in beta... Some things don't work as expected and there are bugs, but this time round we are getting tailor-made plugin development/distribution, and whether the plugin download page is within the forums or on a subdomain is not really an issue - the support threads will be here. There's a plan, and it's a good one xD

jasonwynn10 and Thunder33345 like this.
  19. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    Good choice, so let it be then
    the CI part seems pretty nice, kinda one click and boom! it works! no funny buisness like most CI as they arent meant for PM
    the release section seems arent ready as i still cant try to release
    well at the least, there a somekind of mini forum

20. Awzaw

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Poggit is now officially in beta, and the release section should work perfectly... If not, let us know

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.