1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Which hosting service is affordable and has a good customer service?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Enzo515, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Enzo515

Enzo515 Creeper

GitHub:
    enzo-code
    Which hosting service is affordable and has a good customer service? I need one that has good specs and is affordable. What do you use?

2. Alex

Alex Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Bichwha
    Try using cubedhost they only charge for the dial on virtual gladiator they charge Disk and players.
    But cubedhost you Can set How much players you Can add free

3. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    try using virtual gladiator they only charge for ram, you can set how many players you want

even better host it yourself to avoid getting ripped off

4. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Well "affordable" is a very flexible term. I normally just host it myself on a VPS. I've never tried Virtual Gladiators, but it looks like @Thunder33345 is right.

5. QuiverlyRivalry

QuiverlyRivalry Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    No dont use vgmc u will regret it, use it for hosting a small server eg for roleplay or testing plugin. VGMC's cpu is disgusting.
    For affordable + quality i would recommend Vastitude (https://vastitude.net/clientarea/cart.php)
    You can get a free plan for a month I think with...
    512MB Ram
    Unlimited Slots
    Unlimited SSD Storage
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    DDos Protection
    Daily Backups
    MySQL Database
    Multicraft Control Panel
    Full FTP Access
    Custom Jars
    Instant Setup
    Or buy a $1 server ;D
    I dont use this host btw I use another one..

6. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    That plan is for PC.

7. QuiverlyRivalry

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
  8. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    According to the features list and specs info, it doesn't use PocketMine.

9. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I personally think, the best host I've ever used on a budget is probly https://www.hostmyservers.fr/ except that if you live in the US (like I do) it will be very laggy because of the very high latency. The best host I've used in general (if you're willing to spend more money) is hostingitall.com but they shut down a short time before MCPE realms was finally released, as they were worried that they would lose business because of realms.

10. QuiverlyRivalry

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    They do use Pocketmine, I did a suppourt ticket. You have to switch on Multicraft.

11. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I'm still not sure it would be a good idea though. If you're reccomending them, then why aren't you using them yourself?

12. QuiverlyRivalry

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    Well I already purchased a server for a month just 4 days ago and I cant cancel it or i will waste my money

13. MC ATECH

MC ATECH Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    mcpeatech
    Cubed-host is a good server provider with excellent 24/7 customer service. The latency isn't bad at all! You can also set your own player count, baring in mind the cpu that you will buy in your plan.
    However the ftp access isn't great and I would recommend downloading a 3rd party fps server app of program to do this with ease!
    Hope this helped!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    rektpixel likes this.
  14. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    fps?

MC ATECH likes this.
  15. QuiverlyRivalry

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    lmao fps.. ftp?
    fps lol first person shooter

16. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    "Good specs" and "affordable" are inversely related - the real questions are how much can YOU afford to pay every month, and which host can give you specs that YOU consider to be good enough for that amount of money.

As mentioned in another thread on this topic, if you are at all serious about hosting you'll need a host that offers a powerful multicore CPU, SSD, hardware DDOS protection, FTP, on-site backups etc which all comes at a cost that (for you) might be unaffordable... If you aren't too bothered about DDOS attacks then most VPS will do the job, and if it is only for you and a few friends - or if your idea of 'affordable' is 5$ per month, for example - then just host it at home for free and keep your cash.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  17. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    I should add that of all the server hosts I used before getting a dedicated server, and I tried a lot, Netherbox was easily the best for prebuilt plans. However, their dedicated server DDOS protection was not up to much, and I was told I had to move after several attacks, or pay an extra couple of hundred dollars a month.

iiFlamiinBlaze likes this.
  18. QuiverlyRivalry

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    If only hosts offered unlimited ram ._.

19. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Some do. But keep in mind that it's not truly "unlimited" RAM. They may not have a specified limit, but there is one there. No hardware in existence can offer unlimited of anything.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  20. QuiverlyRivalry

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    What host, wow this just made my day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.