1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

What is FullServerTick on Timings ?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Miste, May 15, 2017.

1. Miste

Miste Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    Misteboss
    Hi,
    Can someone explain me what is "FullServerTick" section on timings.pmmp.io ?
    I know there is a little box where is it explain but i don't really understand how can i lower it.
    Here is a screenshot of what VPS i am using and the FullServerTick section on timings.

Attached Files:

2. Miste

Miste Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    Misteboss
  3. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Just your overall TPS. The stuff below is the breakdown of it.

4. Miste

Miste Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    Misteboss
    What are my overall TPS ? Cause when i did this timings, my server TPS was 20 all the time..

5. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    Then your overall TPS is 20.

Why are you trying to lower it?

6. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    As I understand it, FullServerTick is the time taken to perform everything that's supposed to happen in a single tick, expressed as a percentage of the base tick duration. At 20 TPS each tick is 50ms, so if your server reports 20% under FullServerTick, it would have finished everything it has to do in only 10ms (20% of 50ms). If FullServerTick reaches 100% then your server will be unable to maintain 50ms per tick, and your TPS will drop.

So it's related to TPS... but not the same. Your TPS could still be stable at 20 with your FullServerTick varying from good (low %) to bad.

Here for example, my server averaged 7.22ms over 11.9k ticks. 7.22 is 14.43% of 50ms (the base tick duration), and that's the figure reported below as the Pct Tick, and for this line also Pct Total (since this is FullServerTick...):

Total: 179.834s (Ticks: 11868) - Sample Time: 593.399s - Spigot Version: v1.0.7.0
    - Average Entities: 23.69 - Average Players: 7.02 - Average TPS: 20.00 - Server Load: 14.43%
    Minecraft Total: 173.646 s Pct: 29.26%
    Pct Total Pct Tick Total Avg PerTick Count Event

14.43% 14.43% 85.64 s 7.22 ms 1.0 11.9k Full Server Tick

About Full Server Tick
    Full Server Tick is the best representation of your servers performance, in the Pct Tick Column. If this value hits 100%, then your server is unable to keep up and will begin losing TPS. There is no magical solution to improving Full Server Tick, it is merely provided to see a better summary of your overall server performance and you can improve it by improving other timings on your server such as entities and plugins.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  7. Miste

Miste Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    Misteboss
    Ok thanks, so isn't bad to have this pourcent of FullServerTick ?

8. Miste

Miste Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    Misteboss
    You don't understand :facepalm:

9. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    Not necessarily true, there's an option in pocketmine.yml that allows your server to start skipping ticks to keep up, the timings report times each tick so skipped ticks aren't taken into the calculations in timings.

Magicode and jasonwynn10 like this.
  10. xZeroMCPE

xZeroMCPE Witch

GitHub:
    xZeroMCPE
    Full Server Tick is the best representation of your servers performance, If this value hits 100%, then your server is unable to keep up and will begin losing TPS... ~ In other words [ its everything to do with the server's main thread + plugin time, etc]

11. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    Didn't know that, thanks!

12. Miste

Miste Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    Misteboss
    Ok thanks so it's not bad to have 20% of ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.