1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Upgrade for PE 1.0.5

Discussion in 'Help' started by Riley, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Riley

Riley Spider

GitHub:
    rileytb
    Evening everyone,

I just created my first server using `PocketMine-M 1.6.2dev-26`
    Today my phone updated my Minecraft app to 1.0.5. I now get: `Could not connect: Outdated Server` when I try to connect.
    I grabbed the latest .phar from the Jenkins build this morning, that moved me to `PocketMine-MP 1.6.2dev-28` but it still gives me the same error.
    Is the build that solves this somewhere in the works? Or did I just miss it in Jenkins?

Thanks!

2. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    Quote from dktapps:

Pocketart and Jack Noordhuis like this.
  3. WinterBuild7074

WinterBuild7074 Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    Will it come out today or tomorrow?

4. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    No, it will take some time. You can try to use the api3/network branch, but backup everything first

5. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    Will it takes months for them? Or lots of weeks? What are PMMP doing? Why does it take so long for them? The updated PMMP version always came out quickly the last times.

6. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    Step back a second and appreciate what @dktapps is doing for you. He is trying to keep PocketMine up to date (mainly by himself), add new features, fix bugs and memory leaks. He also goes through all the issues and pull requests by himself.

He doesnt have to do this at all.

Sorry but this comment just sounded rude.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  7. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    It doesn't take long at all, however the 1.0.5 protocol updates were done on top of some network changes (which are still work-in-progress) to avoid confusing current master issues with beta issues, since that branch has many such issues resolved.

TL;DR: We don't have a stable master build available yet, but if you really want 1.0.5 you can use the api3/network branch, at your own risk.

8. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    What can happen to my server, then? Is this really dangerous? Will it crash or even delete everything?

9. TuxerP

TuxerP Silverfish

Running the latest phar on my server of PMMP and this morning there was an update om MCPE to 1.0.5. Replaced my Pocketmine-MP phar with the one from the api3/network branch and no issues so far. Running EssentialsPE and PureEntities plugins.

jasonwynn10 and Riley like this.
  10. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    Plus, how can I make a backup? The Backup button doesn't work at all, and copying all the files to my computer can take hours.

11. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    All you really need to copy are your worlds, player data, and plugin data. It really shouldn't take that long... The biggest thing out of all should be your world(s) which are never that big for Pocket Edition. You should be fine.

12. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    I can't honestly say. In theory, the worst that will happen is any plugins which mess with packets will stop working, pending updates from their authors.

13. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Can' be true, my whole server has just 90 MB, but that's with the php binary and the .phar. So it can't take that long

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  14. TuxerP

TuxerP Silverfish

I don't know where you have you're server running, but backing up you're should be an ongoing process. I have mine running on Linux (Ubuntu) and use rsnapshot to backup my pmmp folder every 4 hours, so if something goes wrong I always can revert back to a backup of 4 hours ago. Eventually I am going to set this to a 1 hour backup.

15. Riley

Riley Spider

GitHub:
    rileytb
    Sounds good, and because this is a small family server stability isn't really a problem for me (I don't even have plugins as if yet) so...
    I couldn't find a Jenkins build for the branch you mentioned, so is there an alternate way for me to get the .phar?

16. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    Take a look here: https://poggit.pmmp.io/ci/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/~?branch=api3/network

Riley and Jack Noordhuis like this.
  17. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    I want to know:
    That doesn't sound so bad. I think I'll try doing it then, until PMMP for 1.0.5 comes out.
    Plus, will it come in the next few days? Just want to know.

18. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    No ETAs. (Estimated Time of Arrival) The PocketMine team is not a paid company that works full time. You can't expect them to be able to achieve that expectation.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  19. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    But there are working on it, right?

20. Riley

Riley Spider

GitHub:
    rileytb
    I would think so, he mentioned that branch that works with the newest app version. I just upgraded and it's working.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.