1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Updating Server for new client 1.0

Discussion in 'Help' started by Steel, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Steel

Steel Creeper

I have a server that i had running but when the android client updated I am now getting the outdated server message when I try to connect.

My understanding is that there is an experimental build on github that I can install that works with the new client
    https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/tree/mcpe-1.0

My questions is how do I manually install from this branch in github? I am admittedly not a github expert but I did clone this branch but I am not sure how to install it once its cloned.

2. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    You can download a Phar file over here
    BUT!
    It's very experimental and shouldn't be used in production. Afaik it could (or will) break your worlds and isn't stable.

Bagoschwago likes this.
  3. Steel

Steel Creeper

Understood. So would I just need to replace the phar file for my existing server to test this?

4. SalmonDE

SalmonDE Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    SalmonDE
    Yeah, but make sure to backup your files before you test this version

5. Steel

Steel Creeper

That worked. Thanks!

6. Bagoschwago

Bagoschwago Spider

GitHub:
    bagoschwago
    It seems that the 3.0 api of the .phar is no longer available to download from the link above. I am just starting to learn the pocketmine server software and am excited to learn on the new version. I know its experimental and will break my server and that's fine. I'm just testing on a local Raspberry Pi and another Linux box. I have downloaded the files from Git however am unable to compile them into the .phar so I can update my test server. Any help with getting the new API 3.0 phar would be great, or a quick tip on how to make the GIT files into the .PHAR. I know how to do plugins to .phars but the actual PMMP software has me stumped. Thank you in advance!

Bago

ovendial likes this.
  7. Keith

Keith Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    k3ithos
    Only because the Jenkins server is offline... I'm sure somebody has a copy of the phar that they can share which they downloaded before the server went down.

8. Bagoschwago

Bagoschwago Spider

GitHub:
    bagoschwago
    It seems to have been offline for a couple days now or at least every time I go and check its offline. It could just be my bad timing lol.

Like you said hopefully some super duper fabulous awesome member of this forum could send it over :) It would be appreciated!

9. Keith

Keith Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    k3ithos
    Might I point out - you can actually run it without the phar, just copy the "src" folder to your server installation and execute the start file. It should start up the server using the unpackaged code.

HimbeersaftLP and corytortoise like this.
  10. eDroid

eDroid Witch

GitHub:
    edroiid
    If you have ssh access it's a tad bit more simple

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.