1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Solved Unable to connect to server

Discussion in 'Help' started by ChickenSaysBak, Apr 28, 2018.

1. ChickenSaysBak

ChickenSaysBak Spider

Hi, so I’m used to running pc mc servers using a hosting service, but this time I’m trying to do PocketMine while hosting the server from home. I got everything port forwarded (I think correctly? I tested it with a pc server and it seemed fine). So I installed PocketMine with the installer from pocketmine.net and set the ip in server.properties to the interal ip, ran it, and it said it was up. I tried connecting from both my phone and W10 edition with that ip and port but it didn’t connect. I tried using the external ip but when starting the server, it gave some error (not super sure if I’m supposed to put the external ip in server.properties or what, again, I’ve never done this before lol). I did tons of googling and found that maybe I need to update pocketmine using other links and things, I tried several things and then it said I needed to update the php so I messed with that and it still didn’t work. (Btw I’m running this on Windows). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. ChickenSaysBak

ChickenSaysBak Spider

Better yet, is there a simple way to connect to it using “localhost” like you can for pc?

3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Run the "version" command in your console and send us the output please.

4. MalakasPlayzMCPE

MalakasPlayzMCPE Zombie Pigman

Use this IP to join the server from your PC you host it: 127.0.0.1
    Use the ipv4 adress tou get from this website: whatismyip.com to join from a different wifi network.

5. ChickenSaysBak

ChickenSaysBak Spider

[INFO] This server is running PocketMine-MP version 1.4.1-980 「絶好(Zekkou)ケーキ(Cake)」 (Implementing API version 1.11.0 for Minecraft: PE v0.10.5 alpha protocol version 20)
    I tried localhost, 0.0.0.0, and 127.0.0.1 on port 19132, and none of them worked.

Edit: Also, before, I've tried using some sort of developmental version which appeared to be more recent, but ultimately ended in the same result, it just says "Locating server..." with a red dot.

6. Tee7even

Tee7even Slime

GitHub:
    tee7even
    Obviously, it's outdated and won't work with the latest versions (only with v0.10). Download the latest version here. And PHP here.

7. ChickenSaysBak

ChickenSaysBak Spider

Having the exact same issue. Is this the correct version?
    [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running PocketMine-MP 1.7dev-942 for Minecraft: PE [REDACTED] (protocol version 3.0.0-ALPHA12)

8. Tee7even

Tee7even Slime

GitHub:
    tee7even
    Yep, that must be the latest one. What's your Minecraft version? What device do you use? If you're trying to connect with Windows 10 Edition, then this may help you.
    You don't have to edit anything just to connect to the server.

HiggsInc and ChickenSaysBak like this.
  9. ChickenSaysBak

ChickenSaysBak Spider

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Running that command in PowerShell did the trick!

10. ChickenSaysBak

ChickenSaysBak Spider

Wait one more thing, so I am able to connect on the computer where I am hosting it, but I can't connect on my phone. I'm using my internal ip to try to connect, not 127.0.0.1 or localhost, and the server ip is set to the interal in the properties file. Any ideas?

11. Tee7even

Tee7even Slime

GitHub:
    tee7even
    If the version of the game on your phone is the same and you're using the same network, then check if the server appears on the "Friends" tab. If not, you should probably check your wi-fi router settings.
    upload_2018-4-30_3-15-16.png
    Also I'm not sure what effect may have setting the server-ip in the server.properties file, it should work fine without that, so try using the default properties file too.

ChickenSaysBak likes this.
  12. ChickenSaysBak

ChickenSaysBak Spider

Oh that worked, I see it under LAN in the friends tab. :D
    My final question is, how would I connect when I'm not on my wifi (like phone service or a different network altogether)? Entering my external ip doesn't do anything

13. Tee7even

Tee7even Slime

GitHub:
    tee7even
    Well, I'm not sure since I use a local server setup only to test my plugins, but basically to connect to the server over the Internet you must know the global IP of your pc (the one you're running the server on) and make sure that nothing blocks your connections (check your router settings, firewall settings, etc).

14. ChickenSaysBak

ChickenSaysBak Spider

Okay, I'll stick to local for now to get things going. Thank you so much for all of the help!

Tee7even likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.