1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Type Of Computer For PMMP

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by CupidonSauce173, Oct 24, 2019.

1. CupidonSauce173

CupidonSauce173 Zombie

GitHub:
    cupidonsauce173
    Ok so basically I have a decision to make and I am not really sure about what to do.
    Few months ago I wanted to upgrade my cpu and I took a i5-4690k 3.5Hz Quad Core, but sadly I noticed (when installing the cpu that my board wasn't a B1 but a B6 lol.

Anyway do I decided to buy a motherboard that fits with my cpu and replace my current workstation with that board and new ram. So I was like "hey, why not running my server on it too??". I talked with my dad that also want to get a new workstation for our storage pc of 15TB and we have two solutions

Or we get a motherboard Gigabyte Sniper B1 with my unused 15-4650k and we get DDR3 RAM (yes that cpu support ddr3) or we get a HP Z800 Worlstation with 48gb of RAM and 2x Xeon x 5650 at 2.7 ghz and 3.1 ghz on turbo mode

We will run around minimum 10 pmmp instances to 20 instances.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    It really depends a lot on the amount of players and plugins (and complexity of those) per server.

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  3. CupidonSauce173

CupidonSauce173 Zombie

GitHub:
    cupidonsauce173
    Ok ty

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.