1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

[Tutorial] How to make a MCPE 1.0.0-1.0.3 Server Mac/Linux

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by StuntzCo, Feb 8, 2017.

?

Do YOU aprove

Poll closed Sep 8, 2017.
  1. yes very informative video

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. I would like you to change some stuff (comment below)

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

1. Step one installing or updating PHP to version 7+ the comand for this on mac is
      Code:
      curl -s http://php-osx.liip.ch/install.sh | bash -s 7.1
      If you are on any other operating system you may use this link https://www.colinodell.com/blog/2016-12/installing-php-7-1
    2. The next step. Create a new folder/directory to put your server in open up finder or whatever file exploring software you have on your computer and navigate to your home directory. Make a new folder and name it whatever you like this folder will contain and run your server
    3. Open your terminal. Once you have launched the terminal type
      Code:
      cd (whatever you named your folder)
      This will take you to your server folder directory.
    4. now in the terminal type one of the following commands
      Code:
      curl -sL get.pmmp.io | bash -s - -t poggit.pmmp.io/get.pmmp -v custom
      for osx and
      Code:
      wget -O - get.pmmp.io | bash -s - -t poggit.pmmp.io/get.pmmp -v custom
      for linux. these lines will install the PocketMine server into your server folder and take you through the installation process
    5. Now for the instalation this is fairly simple just yes or no questions some important info for noobs like myself Do Not change the port make sure rcon is enabled and make sure sqlite is enabled
    6. Once done setting up hit enter this should start your server to access your server get on your client device make sure your on the same network as your computer and open up mcpe leave the port the same and for the ip put your computers internal ip
    7. done unless you want to access the server from anywhere in the world then you have to port forward there's plenty of tutorials for this. then once done port forwarding in the server box put your external ip

2. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    It might be a good idea to blur out your IP addresses.

StuntzCo likes this.
  3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Useless, at the time of someone who wants to DDOS him seeing this, he would already have another IP

StuntzCo and Magicode like this.
  4. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    If you wanted to know who voted no, you would have had to set that in the poll settings before you posted it :b

As for the tutorial, I haven't watched it yet. (I will once I get audio)

SIDE NOTE: There is an Edit button on the bottom left of your post. if you have more you want to say, you can edit your post, thus not spamming messages and keeping the forums clean.

5. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    I didn't really mean Delete your posts, I meant combine multiple posts into one if you are the only one who is posting :)

6. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    I would like explanation on the source of the PHP installation script. Who provides it? Is it reliable?

7. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
  8. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

the website or the command I put in the description which would you like ?

this is the website I got the osx command from https://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/upgrade-php-on-osx/ I think the command installs it directly from php.net

[update I researched it and it does not install directly from php.net though it does seem reliable but I probably should have linked something more official]

[update i take back what i said i think it does install directly from php http://php.net/manual/en/install.macosx.php]

[update I don't know anymore what would you like me to do @SOFe ]

Whether it does or doesn't it seems to be a reputable source because I've seen that command on many websites on how to install PHP and almost all links on how to install php7 on mac

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  9. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

From what the polls say you guys don't really like it. If you would like me to remove the video and written tutorial I can but please if you would like me to change stuff just ask I can redo the whole video or make a short series of separate videos on installing php7 installing pmmp server and using the server installing plugins etc. If you would like me to remove the music I can do that to or if you don't think it looks proffesional enough just let me know.
    I was really hoping I could create an easy tutorial that's up to you guys standards possibly even make it the official pmmp tutorial "hint hint" :) but please I would like feedback.

10. Its_Joey_Yall

Its_Joey_Yall Spider

Could you make a Windows tutorial?

11. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

Possibly

12. RaidWiper

RaidWiper Creeper

When are you gonna make a tutorial for Windows users, who represent the vast majority (99%) of the people that play Minecraft on the computer?

13. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Hmmm, but the vast majority of VPSs is Linux though...

And Linux is THE os for servers, so that post of you was quite nonsense

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.