Spawn a projectile.

Discussion in 'Development' started by DiamondGamer30, Feb 11, 2019.

1. DiamondGamer30

DiamondGamer30 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    diamondgamermcpe
    How can I spawn a projectile when a player clicks on air. My spawns but it doesn't move and the projectile actually hits the player.

Here is my code:

PHP:
    $nbt Entity::createBaseNBT($player->add(0$player->getEyeHeight(), 0), $directionVector$player->yaw$player->pitch);
    $nbt->setInt(Ammo::DAMAGE$this->damage);
    $entity Entity::createEntity(Ammo::class, $player->getLevel(), $nbt$player);
    $entity->setMotion($entity->getMotion()->multiply(50));
    if(
    $entity instanceof Projectile) {

$event = new ProjectileLaunchEvent($entity);

$event->call();
        if(
    $event->isCancelled()) {

$entity->kill();
        }
        else {

$entity->spawnToAll();

$player->getLevel()->addSound(new LaunchSound($player), $player->getViewers());
        }
    }
    else {

$entity->spawnToAll();
    }

Ammo is a projectile entity I've registered. It is basically a shulker bullet. Nothing special, it extends the Projectile class.

2. KielKing

KielKing Zombie

GitHub:
    kielking
    projectile has no motion before it is spawned, I recommend you use a geometric formula to figure out what motion to give to the projectile to hit the aimed block

3. DiamondGamer30

DiamondGamer30 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    diamondgamermcpe
  4. KielKing

KielKing Zombie

GitHub:
    kielking
  5. wolfdale

wolfdale Zombie

Actually he already defined the motion as $directionVector when calling createBaseNBT which i assume is the player's direction vector
    The issues is that the projectile is inside the bounding box of the player, so on the next tick it would be detected as having hit the player
    Spawn the projectile infront of the player instead
    PHP:
    //$directionVector = $player->getDirectionVector();
    $nbt Entity::createBaseNBT($player->add($directionVector->x$player->getEyeHeight(), $directionVector->z), $directionVector$player->yaw$player->pitch);