1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Skins for custom geometry

Discussion in 'Development' started by sero583, Apr 19, 2019.

1. sero583

sero583 Spider

GitHub:
    sero583
    Hey guys, so I would like to set on a extended Human entity a Skin, with custom geometry. So my issue right now is the skin isn't showing up as it should. Has anyone experience with that? The custom geometry works all fine but skins are not shown. If I use a usual player skin, there are some parts on a slightly visible entity. Special made skins for those are just blank means theyre not visible, I can only see the entities shadow. I load the Skins properly though.

2. sero583

sero583 Spider

GitHub:
    sero583
    @SpopovabgS So basically for now my plugin does that: Set a skin (which can be higher than 4kib & 8kib since custom skins are way more bigger or smaller in most cases). Then it sets it on the entity, sets also the geometry, but I never checked the UV anyway. Is BlockBench any good for that?

Edit: I just checked and it actually has UV set. Means even if they would be set wrong I mean there would be atleast a mess instead of some invisible entity.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  3. sero583

sero583 Spider

GitHub:
    sero583
    @SpopovabgS Yeah Im pretty sure. I mean like the shapes are often correct if I use a normal minecraft skin you'll see how at wrong places are some parts of it. I extended human class and bypassed 4 & 8 kib limit in order to do that, because custom geometry skin eqaul other file size in many cases. But you'll see that the shape of the entity is actually correct. I dont set the skin in the NBT though, I set it with the function Human.setSkin(Skin $skin); but I dont think that makes a difference. I even tried a usual photo which has FHD resolution, thought maybe a part of it appears. Is there some code somewhere where I can orient myself. I may do something wrong but I just load files, read them (in .json & either PNG or JPEG out), create a skin object and set it on the extended human entity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.