1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

SimpleAuth not working

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by User2016, Nov 15, 2016.

1. User2016

User2016 Spider

I guess it is outdated. But i tried the 1.7 SimpleAuth to protect a new server. The plugin does work in a way. But if i try to register a new user it tells me, i got no permission to do so.

Any hint? Or do i just have to wait due to all of the server changes?

2. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    Try using a permissions plugin. https://forums.pocketmine.net/plugins/pureperms.862/ will work for now. Make sure to bump the API and other paraphernalia

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    To explain better:
    First, I don't recommend using SimpleAuth anyways, ServerAuth has more features, is more secure... But everyone has his/her opinion so, I'll explain you a few steps/fixes:

1. Make sure to bumb the API to 2.1.0 (using http://pmt.mcpe.me/api2 for example)
    2. Install a permission manager and give players the needed permissions (explained in the SimpleAuth Docs I think)
    3. Also, I think since 0.16.0 there is a bug with commands (isn't it @archie426?) so players have to do ./ instead of /, that's why I recommend using SimpleAuthHelper for that.

Correct me if I was wrong somewhere...

4. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    @HimbeersaftLP is right, if you do choose to use SimpleAuth I'd recommend SimpleAuthHelper as well. It adds some little extras like allowing people to type the password in chat directly.

5. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    I'd still use ServerAuth tough (or JamAuth when it's released...)

6. Kenner

Kenner Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Enzoomet
    Greetings,

Like everyone has said, SimpleAuth is eh, ServerAuth is more up-to-date and actually WORKS. Anyways, you are/were using SimpleAuth; add a permission manager plugin and add these permission-nodes: to register:
    simpleauth.command.register to login: simpleauth.command.login

7. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Thums up! Finally someone who points out how it works! I hope this stops new people from asking...

Kenner likes this.
  8. Kenner

Kenner Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Enzoomet
    Exactly!

9. User2016

User2016 Spider

So many helpful people here :)
    I tried to switch to ServerAuth which i found here https://github.com/EvolSoft/ServerAuth.
    Before i installed PurePerms trying to get SimpleAuth to work. But i did not succeed as added permissions just got ignored.
    Ok, now i got a ServerAuth 2.13 plugin and this one tells me at the start up it can't be loaded due to a wrong API version. I see, got something to learn here :)

10. Tux

Tux Silverfish

GitHub:
    minecrafter
    Unsalted SHA256 can cracked by someone with just a single computer with a good graphics card. The hashing is just some wrapping to make it look nice at this point.

Oh, and this.

11. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Consider using HereAuth. (Why is everyone advertising in this thread :p)

reidq7, Kenn Fatt and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  12. Tux

Tux Silverfish

GitHub:
    minecrafter
    HimbeersaftLP and SOFe like this.
  13. User2016

User2016 Spider

Hey, HereAuth works by just dropping it into the plugins folder. fine :) Does it have any server commands? The wiki did not tell too much about the plugin.

14. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    Yes, they are actually in the readme of the repo.
    upload_2016-11-16_18-23-41.png

Note that these commands are not guaranteed to work well when ForceRegister in the config is enabled.

But the essence of HereAuth is in the config file, not in the commands! ;)

15. User2016

User2016 Spider

I got it working and translated some of the messages to german. As the kids who will use this server do not really understand English :)

16. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    I didn't know, somebody told me it's more secure, but thanks for telling meh xD

17. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    Thank you. Now I don't know what I'm trying to mess up with :/
    https://github.com/PEMapModder/HereAuth/commit/d1a1847bbe7b346d1f033a71eceb68c8d42d1698
    HereAuth is too complicated when you have to handle renaming accounts, multiple database providers, imported databases' hashes and changing passwords in order to change the hash algorithm. The irony was... HereAuth claimed that it is simple to add new hash algorithms for It, but when you change the core default hash algorithm... All the features and abstractions come out to haunt you together.

18. Kenner

Kenner Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Enzoomet
    Nice alright! If you need any more help, post another thread. :)
    Can someone lock this? :p

19. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    No need to lock it, just add the solved label :)

20. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    Lot's of nice alternatives but they all share one problem. They're all fairly simple and rely on the Minecraft server to handle the authentication.

For most people this will be just okay. I've created a authentication server that can be self-hosted, aimed at replacing the centralised LeetAuth system for third-party users. I've quit leet a long time ago and I rarely speak out against them, but the LeetAuth backend (which I had no part in) is severely lacking and limits the client plugin as well.

There will be a authentication plugin that talks to the authentication server that you need to host yourself (this means you can create your own centralised login solution easily). But since the main point of the project is the server itself, any plugin can talk to it and the more that does, the more portable your data is and there will be no loss of data switching from one authentication client to another.

The release date is TBA as I have quite a lot on my plate right now and it is in need of a lot of finishing touches before I will consider releasing it to the public.

Again this only targets power users, but I assume a lot of the people reading on this forum will be power users.

Edit: I need to address that this means that the authentication server itself can have a lot of the functionality without having to stress the Minecraft server threads, nor does it care if the plugin actually implements those features or not as the authentication server dictates which features are enabled or not (which are configurable of course).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    HimbeersaftLP and falk like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.