1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

SimpleAuth Database

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by Hipster, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

How can i change my auth plugin to HereAuth and still keep my SimpleAuth Database?

2. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I'm not entirely sure that you can. Are you using MySQL, or the YAML files (which isn't a database)?

3. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

4. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I just checked, HereAuth is supposed to be able to read SimpleAuth accounts. You should be able to cut and paste all of the account files.

5. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Really? I thought the encryption was different

6. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    The README says that it supports database importing from SimpleAuth in YAML.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  7. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Also note that PiggyAuth has added support for importing data from SimpleAuth or ServerAuth.
    As the original author of HereAuth [citation needed], I don't recommend using HereAuth anymore. PiggyAuth covers most features offered by HereAuth.

8. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

And too many tbh, I prefer HereAuth.

9. jasonwynn10

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    I could have sworn that PeMapModder made it... If you say you did, this is reinforcing the theory that you are @PEMapModder :eek: #Conspiracy

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  10. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    "Importing other hashes" works by storing both the external algorithm and the external hash, validate it the first time the player joins, and if it is correct, delete the old hash and store the new hash normally.

For instance:
    SimpleAuth uses sha512^whirlpool (abbreviated as "sw" below)
    PiggyAuth uses blowfish (password_hash())

Say, normal PiggyAuth passwords are stored as "$(blowfish-hash $password)"
    When the data of Steve is imported from SimpleAuth into PiggyAuth, the password is stored as, say, "SimpleAuth: $(sw-hash $password)"

When Steve logs in (only PiggyAuth is installed right now), PiggyAuth finds that a record of "Steve" exists in the database.
    When Steve inputs the password, PiggyAuth checks the password of Steve and finds that it is a SimpleAuth hash.
    Therefore, PiggyAuth uses the sw algorithm to hash Steve's password. It ends up that $(sw-hash $inputted_password) matches the record in the database. Therefore, Steve is authenticated.
    Since a foreign hash algorithm is considered "bad" (we don't want to support too many hashes in the database, and we hope to migrate all hashes as soon as possible, and usually we self-proclaim to be a better hashing algorithm when we migrate someone's else), PiggyAuth now hashes the password using blowfish. "$(blowfish-hash $password)" is stored instead of "SimpleAUth: $(sw-hash $password)".

When all old accounts have been migrated in this way, there is no longer the need to support sw, so the old data are considered "completely migrated". But even if not all old accounts are migrated yet, it's not really a big deal
    HereAuth uses a poor encryption algorithm, same as that used by SimpleAuth. That's why it is not recommended.

11. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

Inventory is being buggy in HereAuth! like its not sending inventory contents directly you have to relog for that, why's that? can anyone fix that? @Muqsit @SOFe @Primus ?

12. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

and why is hereauth so laggy?

13. jasonwynn10

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    There is a config setting to block a player's inventory until they are logged in

14. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    It is not lag. It is a feature called "inventory masking".
    Again, on behalf of the author of HereAuth I discourage you to use it :p nor SimpleAUth, though

15. Hipster

Hipster Zombie

Piggyauth has errors yet, it's in beta

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.