1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Setting up a firewall

Discussion in 'Help' started by MalakasPlayzMCPE, May 25, 2020.

1. MalakasPlayzMCPE

MalakasPlayzMCPE Zombie Pigman

After searching a lot, I reached the conclusion that OVH has one of the best protections against attacks in the market. I have seen a lot of big servers using it without any problems so I bought a dedi for my upcoming server. After a few stresses I did, I noticed that the protection was not actually doing that much. I am confident that I setup the firewall correctly but I could easily cause problems to the server without trying at all. I have also tried iptables but it was blocking the packets of legitimate players after some time and didn't stop until I deleted the packet limitation rule. When I used big numbers for the maximum connections per second and per IP, the server was easy to take down again. Does anybody know how I can deal with that?

Regards

2. GamakCZ

GamakCZ Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    GamakCZ
    I currently host server at tredehosting.it. On the server usually playing +-100 players. They have ddos protection in the price. I don't orient in it so much, but owner of the hosting told me the server is protected pretty good. I don't know if it is because of anyone attacking the server or if it's because of that protection... However if there were any problem he told me he will help... So on your position, I would contact ovh support or change hosting

3. MalakasPlayzMCPE

MalakasPlayzMCPE Zombie Pigman

Problem is their replies take over 4 days, reason why I am asking the other server owners here who have done something and they know it works. I have followed all of their steps for setting up the protection, I doubt they would be able to help me further but I still have a small hope.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.