1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

setting permissions on players with spaces on their name

Discussion in 'Help' started by Levi, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Levi

Levi Skeleton

GitHub:
    captainleviftw
    so i'm using pureperms to set permissions, i did /setuperm <player name with spaces> and it said success but it didn't give the player permission

2. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    use quotes
    /setuperm "player name with spaces" ...

3. fergatron

fergatron Spider

GitHub:
    fergatron
    I'm running into the same issue, but I'm attempting to apply it to groups through PurePerms. The default group is "Guest." I'm attempting to give the /tp command to that group.
    Code:
    setgperm Guest tp
    It results in a successful message, but the players cannot use the command. Then I listed the permissions for the group and noticed that other permissions have more details:
    How does this permission thing work? Is there any documentation for it, from a server admin perspective?

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    You are trying to set a command as a permission, what do you expect?
    You'll need to do "setgperm Guest pocketmine.command.tp" as that's what the permission for that command is called. If you want to know the permission names for plugins, just take a look at their documentation (or plugin.yml if there is none).

5. NickTehUnicorn

NickTehUnicorn Zombie

GitHub:
    unickorn
    OR
    Code:
    /fperms <PluginName>

EdwardHamHam and Thunder33345 like this.
  6. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    That isn't as descriptive though :p

NickTehUnicorn likes this.
  7. fergatron

fergatron Spider

GitHub:
    fergatron
    Thank you for the full command. Again; I'm not a plug-in developer so administering this server is confusing. I don't see any guides or documentation on simple administration-- just plug-in development related. I would love to gain access to the github wiki so start writing some of this stuff down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.