1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Server works...no animals or zombie?

Discussion in 'Help' started by sixstring77, Dec 1, 2016.

1. sixstring77

sixstring77 Creeper

Hello,

I'm new to the Minecraft server thing so be gentle. My kids play Minecraft Pocket Edition on their Fire Tablets. I don't know much about the game but I wanted to setup a server for them to be able to work on the same worlds together.

It has been somewhat difficult to find a straightforward way to do this. I'm confused by the different versions of Minecraft (PC vs Pocket). Also the different versions of the client vs server have been difficult to work out. I found what must be an old forum to this one where I got some answers but that site didn't seem to have the latest .phar files I needed. Then I found this site that seems to be quite active and keeping up with edition changes.

So I have a server setup on my Windows 10 machine which serves as my media server for the house and my IP Cam NVR. It seems to be running correctly and I have copied over the latest .phar file from Jenkins on this site. When I run "version" in the console I get:

This server is running PocketMine-MP 1.6.1dev-#103 「Unleashed」 implementing API version 2.1.0 for Minecraft: PE v0.16.0.5 alpha (protocol version 91)

My kids are able to connect and play but something doesn't seem right. There are no animals or zombies in either survival or create mode. When you try to spawn say a chicken in create nothing happens. Not knowing much about the game....should stuff like that be working?????

Thanks for guidance. I'm still learning. Next up would be plugins...I assume I can use those.

I should add the clients my kids are using are version 0.16.2.2

2. Junkdude

Junkdude Zombie

GitHub:
    JunkDaCoder
    Mob AI has not been implemented yet, if you would like to, invest in realms till PM is stable, plus realms has all the mcpe features anyways.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    They don't need Realms if they want to play in the same world. One of them can just create a world and go into it, then the other one goes to the "Friends" tab in mcpe and if they are in the same wifi, they should be able to play together

4. Junkdude

Junkdude Zombie

GitHub:
    JunkDaCoder
    True, just not 24/7 but one of another good methods

5. sixstring77

sixstring77 Creeper

Awesome...I didn't realize they could join each other's game without having a server as long as they are on the same wifi. Thanks for the info.

Just for my own knowledge can you tell me if I'm understanding what is happening with Pocket Minecraft server. There isn't an official server put out by Microsoft who I believe owns Minecraft so there was a person or group that made it's own server. That group or person was the old forums and now this forum has taken over development of the server and the keeping up with client changes. Do I have that right?

Thanks again.

6. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

It's the same software and community. Simply the main contributor and founder of PocketMine ignored it for some time and lack of permission/control over forums and git repository forced us to move here.

7. sixstring77

sixstring77 Creeper

Got it...much appreciated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.