1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Suggestion SEO Changes PocketMine.Net > PMMP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ALLINSEO, Mar 28, 2017.

1. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

So I noticed finding certain things on this forum is difficult unless you add PMMP to your search query ( Not a hard task to do) but im sure the majority of people are just typing in PocketMine into google and they would end up seeing something like this.

[​IMG]

I noticed you guys tried to do a seo push with link backs awhile back but some of those links may of actually hurt you then helped, I also notice about 1,600 of the 2,000 backlinks use the anchortext "https://forums.pmmp.io" PocketMine and PocketMine-MP would be much stronger anchor text dont think it really matters much because PocketMine.net is no-follow

I Also noticed that the page <title> of the home page does not contain keyword "pocketmine"

Recommendation 1;
    YourLink= <a href="https://forums.pmmp.io">PocketMine-MP</a>

[​IMG]

2. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    They dont have access to do that on the old forums...

3. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

Oh okay I saw another post that implied that they did. Only a few options left then.

Edit I read it wrong he was saying that PMMP does not have the access.

4. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

so I decided to run a report to see if my theory on the backlinks hurting the site more then helping was correct and it does seem it was.
    see full report in .zip file (can remove apon request)

SEO-Report.zip - 629 KB

5. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    you shouldnt really use file sharing sites like this that require others to wait, opinion aside what do you think users can do to help the seo?
    like making post to create backlinks?
    but specifically HOW?

6. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

Don't think it makes you wait? Maybe a few seconds?

Eh there is only so much you can do because the other page has much higher authority. If any of the people here can edit posts and profile pages I'd recommend actually removing the citation links not adding more citations

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.