Rules - What? Where? Why?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by TheDeibo, Dec 16, 2016.

1. TheDeibo

TheDeibo HBIDamian Staff Member Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    This article was extracted and later edited from the original PocketMine forum.
    STOP what you are doing, and read well!

WHAT ARE RULES:
    Rules and regulations are made to enforce laws, either civil or otherwise!
    A rule is a prescribed guide for conduct or action!

WHERE ARE THE RULES:

You all know me as TheDeibo, or "That_Guy_Who_I_Think_is_trying_to_become_Staff", which is fine by me. I have noticed people forgetting that there are forum rules. And I will remind you of them here. There are PocketMine forum rules everywhere, and I will tell you where to find them. Even though some rules don't look like they affect PMMP Forum, in reality, they do.

You will also realize that these rules also come from the original PocketMine forum, which is true. Just because it's a new forum, doesn't mean that the rules are any different.​

For example, of shoghicp's Gist, there is a PocketMine-MP-IRC rules list.
    General Rules
    • Do not harass main developers. This includes needlessly pinging them.
    • No Advertising. This includes servers, hosting sites, forks and spoons.
    • Be patient. This is not your personal 24-hour support channel, and people will respond when they feel like it.
    • Be polite. People are much more likely to help you when you aren't being a brat.
    • No away messages, no "What's playing messages", no spam.
    • Do not ask to ask. Simply join, say hello, and ask your question. Do not repeat your questions.
    • If you need to paste more than three lines, use a pastebin like Gist.
    • Off topic chatter is perfectly fine so long as you are not interrupting on-topic conversation.
    • PocketMine-related talk and questions should be directed at #pocketmine, leaving #mcpedevs for general questions.
    • All server talk and help must be done on #pocketmine
    • We will not help you to pirate the game nor support pirated versions of the game.
    • Do not ask about why others are banned. It's personal.
    There it says rules. (These rules I will add to the bottom of this post.)

Now, there are rules that you cant see either. There in the mystical world of COMMON SENSE!
    Do you ever asked something that's been asked millions of times before, in pure laziness? Well, that is a form of SPAMMING. Sure enough, if no one has asked that question, you can ask it.

Here is a article supplied by @SOFe explaining and helping with such problems.
    https://github.com/SOF3/forums-common-sense/wiki/Terms-and-Abbreviations
    And if you don't know what anything means within the code environment, here is a handy link.
    https://github.com/SOF3/forums-common-sense/wiki/Code-Environment

Now, where can I find these rules? Everywhere! Think of it this way. On your server, you would have rules, and those rules would be similar to (if not exactly) this...
    [​IMG]
    Ok, sure. No one wants to be banned. That's why, if you break a rule, you will get a warning. Sometimes warnings consists of a TEMPORARY ban. Which is natural.
    So some who don't know what a warning looks like, feel free to look into the spoiler below.
    [​IMG]
    Don't you worry. These warnings do not belong to me. These examples were given to me in the old forum by a knowledgeable user. The warning system works exactly the same from the old forum to the new one. The only difference is, there are more staff active, and able to use this system.

Now onto the rules themselves. Here is the part that no one wants to see, but if you don't follow the rules, then you warning points or a ban from the forum. What I will do, is combine ALL the rules I can find from links related to PocketMine, and also add some common sense too.

Throughout the forum you will see posts from the forum staff saying "Guidelines", "README", or "Do's and Don't's". Please do not ignore them. Please try to see them more as proper rules rather than ignore them. they are there for a reason.

RULES
    • No posting anything that is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like(1), likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws!
    • No Advertising. This includes servers and hosting sites. It also includes plugins.
    • Be patient. This is not your personal 24-hour support channel, and people will respond when they feel like it.
    • All Off-Topic conversations should be done within the Off-Topic forum.
    • Plugin/tools questions or discussions should be in their correct forums.
    • We will not help you if you have a THIRD PARTY VERSION (Forked and SPOONED Version) of PocketMine-MP.
    • Use the HELP forum to ask for help, not any other part of the PocketMine/PMMP forum.
    • Try to tag your posts correctly, if not, leave it without tag.
    • Do not abuse polls
    • Do not advertise other sites or projects. This includes Third Party Versions (Forked or Spooned Versions) of PocketMine.
    (1) Advertising in your signature will the sole intent and motive to receive income for such a image and or link to your business / product is highly forbidden. You may advertise your website as long as it is not worded in hopes of receiving a sale and does not contain any product information pertaining to such a website.

Breaking the rules laid out above may lead to warning points being dealt, and/or a temporary or permanent ban based on the severity of the actions. We aren't unreasonable.

So if you think about it, you people are spamming the forum with questions such as "Why are the staff inactive".
    Also, you need to think about Spam-like-ing. This is spamming people with un-needed likes to their posts, or status updates. This is annoying, and is also extremely unhelpful. People depend on the LIKE function to understand what post is best for their needs. For example on STACKOVERFLOW, people would upvote something that's the most helpful... Well that's what the LIKE button is useful for.
    Here are the excusable reasons to use the LIKE button.
    • If the post is actually useful.
    • If the post serves a purpose.
    • if the post is actually good enough to like.

WHY DO WE NEED RULES?

In a broad view, societies use rules to regulate unwanted or harmful behavior and to encourage wanted or beneficial behavior of individual society members
    I hope you have found this novel above interesting, and would follow the rules set. Non of these rules were made up by me. I have simply combined them from many locations that are linked to PocketMine-MP and PMMP. Also, I have explained some of the rules in detail.

Many Thanks,
    TheDeibo.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    Nice! A "gentle" reminder for everyone! Thanks, @TheDeibo

Sandertv and TheDeibo like this.
  3. TheDeibo

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    Yes, its too much on the page, but its better too much than too less. :) So yeah. It is a gentle reminder.

TheDragonRing and Magicode like this.
  4. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    More of the unspoken rule
    as if general rule was very unhelpful "https://forums.pmmp.io/help/info_rules/ "
    and i dont think this (for plugins)
    is enforced, in plugin request section

TheDeibo likes this.
  5. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Rules are not here to make your life hard work, although they will if you don't follow them. Rules are here to maintain order.

I've seen comments from various people saying that these forums are way too strict in comparison to places like ImagicalMine forums or other godforsaken holes in the ground; this is because we want to ensure the quality of the forums' content. We want you to enjoy yourselves, but at the same extent these forums are also here, not just for you, but for future users looking for answers.

TheDragonRing, SOFe, Magicode and 2 others like this.
  6. TheDeibo

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    Its now edited to be less strict.
    More user friendly.

dktapps likes this.
  7. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    I, for one, find it hard to enjoy myself in crazy environments like those. I like orderly places where rules are established. On the ImagicalMine forums, I couldn't even tell what was going on, because the original 20 or so users had their own little society or something. I love the orderliness of the PMMP forums, as well as the Off-Topic section. :)

dktapps and TheDragonRing like this.
  8. JackboyPlay

JackboyPlay Spider

GitHub:
    JackboyPlay
    I call you the person that wrote after the "." in lower case.

dktapps and TheDeibo like this.
  9. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Chicken

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    • It is indeed very usefull. - Check
    • Yes it does. - Check
    • It's very good! - Check

**Gives like** :p

Sandertv and dktapps like this.
  10. TheDeibo

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    Thanks. Fixed.

11. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    I think it is worth to keep in mind this is NOT the list of official rules but more of a sum of official rules

12. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    A set of common sense.

Nevertheless humans have not yet developed the advanced technology to resolve common sense in different cultures or values. This might be useful though:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  13. TheDragonRing

TheDragonRing Witch

GitHub:
    thedragonring
    Probably accurate. Thanks for the summary anyway!
    Hmmm..... It might just end up killing the 200 people, though.

Sandertv and dktapps like this.
  14. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Hey, sorry for spam-liking there, but some of these posts, I just had to laugh

15. TheDeibo

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    Staff are exempted xD

You Guys make the rules. I just repeat them.

16. TheDragonRing

TheDragonRing Witch

GitHub:
    thedragonring
    Ah yes, the advantages of being staff - occasional like spams happen! :p

MCPEChicken_ likes this.
  17. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    I think I found an example of this somewhere else, in fact, quite a lot of places, they have really light rules compared to these forums, but the rules here are just right in my view

TheDragonRing and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  18. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    Now I know why @HimbeersaftLP was a moderator on the I********** Forums!

TheDragonRing and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  19. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    :_:

20. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Chicken

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    XD

I still am btw :p