1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Revive RubberBand

Discussion in 'Requests' started by BLOCKSTORM, Mar 27, 2018.

1. BLOCKSTORM

BLOCKSTORM Witch

Hello Guys,
    in this post i want to request an rivival of the RubberBand proxy. At my point of view, that was a very good proxy and the best i've seen for pocketmine. But its very outdated. So i would really love it if anyone can update RubberBand, so it can be used for API Alpha11.
    Regards,
    BLOCKSTORM
    Link:
    https://github.com/PocketMine/RubberBand

2. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    Why can't you use the Transfer Packet?

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  3. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    I think because RubberBand don't do just transfer players to another server, they can do many things together.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  4. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    True, but im just asking if the task that the OP requires can be done via transfer packets.

5. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    Is there any way we can send a message from one server to another with TransferPacket without any python proxy installation?

6. BLOCKSTORM

BLOCKSTORM Witch

I mean its the best try to make something like a cloud system or BungeeCord for Pocketmine.

7. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    I'm looking for something like that too for a long time for pocketmine and only found one but with a Python installation that if you do not install on your Linux machine the plugin does not work correctly

BLOCKSTORM likes this.
  8. BLOCKSTORM

BLOCKSTORM Witch

With server groups and load balancers. Another Question: how has Brokenlens done this ultra fast transfer? They fully skipped the searching server and loading world screen

Kenn Fatt likes this.
  9. BLOCKSTORM

BLOCKSTORM Witch

Yes, thats what i mean. My idea would be an proxy system with Plugin API and Server Groups with load Balancers. I think much peoples are searching for something like this.

10. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    I know one from @0x15f that is that:
    - Link
    - Link
    the only problem of it is that you have to do a third-party installation and if you are not the owner of the machine you may not have how to do the process, I'm looking for something like this without a third party installation would be great, but no one does this. :(:shoghi:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  11. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    It's possible that BrokenLens is just switching worlds.

12. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    with so many players in only one server? and whitout any kind of lag? impossible

13. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    https://github.com/NiclasOlofsson/MiNET

It seems theres individual server ips, so there must be some sort of MiNET proxy they created.

14. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    is BrokenLens using MiNET as software? it changes so much the lag from one software to another? Which one is the best?
    1. Pocketmine (PHP)
    2. Nukkit (Java)
    3. MiNET (C#)

15. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    PocketMine is written in PHP which is only so fast.

Nukkit had the potential to be good, but instead is a messy copy of PocketMine and is not optimised very well to take full advantage of the capabilities of Java. It is a complete and utter mess and i never want to see it anywhere again.

MiNET is C#. I believe C# is faster than most languages, yet obviously still slower than C++.

—————————————

It is possible that BrokenLens uses MiNET. This is because i tested some commands and the usual commands dont work. I then tried /pocketmine:version and i it got their custom unknown command message.

I then tried /gm. It said i didnt have permission. I tried /gamemode, command doesnt exist.

I know MiNET uses /gm instead of /gamemode. So i assume BrokenLens uses MiNET.

16. BLOCKSTORM

BLOCKSTORM Witch

Getting an error when trying to start the proxy Trinket.
    Code:
    ImportError: No module named network.tcpserversocket
    Any idea?

17. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    tell @0x15f about this

18. BLOCKSTORM

BLOCKSTORM Witch

19. RUISMINE

RUISMINE Silverfish

GitHub:
    thecgaming
    Broken lens use their own custom server software named "Lychee".

Attached Files:

20. I suspect that it is a renamed MiNET..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.