1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Suggestion Redirect to This Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EdwardHamHam, Mar 28, 2017.

?

Is this a good idea?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2017.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    So a lot of new members are still registering on the old forums. My suggestion is to disable registration for new members on the old forum, and redirect them here. Once they get here, a message would pop up saying something like "Welcome to the new PocketMine forums! You have been redirected from the old forums, which have been phased out. Please register here instead, for the same discussions about PocketMine. Thank you,
    ~PMMP Team"
    That way, new members would know easily about the new forums, and wouldn't have to worry about posting on the old ones and waiting to be redirected, and registering again, etc.

I know this is possible, although I'm not sure since we don't have Shogi's access. Would this still be possible?

Is it a good idea? I think so.

2. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

I was also thinking about this and possible SEO changes but didn't want to post it. glad someone else spoke up.

3. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i strongly dislike this idea because of the fact that the old forum still holds valuable resources even if it is outdated it's not completely obsolete
    sure there's random discussions but among these there's valuable informations of things people asked in the past OR just plugins examples, even tho it had been tampered with before i still think it's a good collection in it's self
    as for disabling registration it's just preventing new users to participate, soon the exclusivity would create trading of limited pm.net account
    yes it have been phased out so does no longer used, but it is still used by a few members \*chough\*

4. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Yeah, I guess that is true. But we could at least let them know about the new forums. Like with a banner on the top of the page?

5. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

im not saying I support what the op is suggesting at all im just saying there are other measures that could be taken if we had full access to other forum (didn't think we did)

6. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Actually, maybe this isn't such a good idea.

7. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

I'm not saying making a few changes so this forum appears higher in Google then the "obsolete forum" is a bad idea, I just dont support locking down the old site.

Edit for relevance : most of those people are registering to the old forums because it is about 50-90% of the first page when looking up keywords "pocketmine forums" "pocketmine" "pocketmine-Mp" and etc. In most cases You won't find this forums link until page two which is used by approximately 10% of searches

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  8. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I didn't say to lock it down completely. You can still view old threads, posts, and download old plugins from there without registering.

Besides, I've changed my mind. I shouldn't have made this thread.... I'm sorry.

9. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

Don't be sorry I think it's a good idea, let's see what other people think. I think the team here really needs to start pushing that old traffic and PR here.

10. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i actually like that, i dont mind it begin permanent or on the top of the page if it is not a popup
    or in some way that also improves the SEO of this page while redirecting old users who didnt know we had migrated

11. xBeastMode

xBeastMode Shog Chips

Problem: only :shoghi: has access to the old forums and it's domain.

12. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    hack it!!!
    hack the planet!
    i bet it wont be hard to call someone on this outdated xenforo installation

13. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

Lol I don't know if you're serious but if you guys are willing to hack it there are much better options that are probably not as illegal

14. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    semi serious, semi joking
    so what if something is "illegal" or "legal" if you cant be traced back and captured
    like suddenly all your properties disappear without a trace, do you think that thief knows nothing?, that what they did is illegal? they still did it anyways? because they know it's all just a deterrent at it's best if the thief cant even be traced, they cant be captured
    they may jot down "someone stole ALL of your while remaining traceless" in their note book but that's all they can do, if you did it correctly
    if something is illegal dosent meant you should or shouldnt do it, it just meant some high ranking people dosent like it so they make it illegal thus allowing them to capture offenders legally

15. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

not saying I condone this but maybe this is maybe not a public conversation?

16. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    it will be fine, if we go back on topic
    which is we dont really have any cards:
    we can hack it - no one have money to spare
    or
    somehow make shogic do something - he aint doing anything

17. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Is he at Minecon? If yes, maybe he answers when you ask him in real life.

18. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    someone SHOULD represent us
    i hope he wont be like, have STOLEN pocketmine and all of it's fanbase (blah blah blah more rant...)

19. PocketKiller

PocketKiller Slime

GitHub:
    iPocket
    Shoghi will still respond and turn the site back on

20. archie426

archie426 Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    archie426
    The easiest way to do that on XF is via Admin CP, which none of the staff have access to

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.